Temporary Full Time Lecturer of Chemistry
Posting DetailsPosition Information Position TitleTemporary Full Time Lecturer of ChemistryPosting NumberFac00409Employment TypeTemporaryBenefits AvailableYes Position Summary Information Nature of Work
The Department of Natural Sciences, which is housed within the School of Arts and Sciences, is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Temporary Full Time Lecturer of Chemistry. This is a one academic year appointment starting in Fall 2019. It may include teaching introductory level courses in general, organic, and biochemistry and chemistry related biology courses.Essential Duties
The successful candidate will teach Chemistry courses contingent to the needs of the institution. Other essential duties include: maintaining office hours, preparing lesson plans, lectures, and other course materials such as quizzes, exams, final grades, and attendance reports.Minimum Qualifications and Training
Master’s degree with 18 semester hours at the graduate level in the area of Chemistry or a Master’s in Chemistry.Preferred Qualifications and Training
- Ph.D. in Chemistry or related field.
- Applicants who demonstrate evidence of recent, successful post-secondary teaching experience, have a strong background in chemistry, and work cooperatively with other faculty are strongly preferred.
- Candidates with a broad background in natural science with experience in multiple disciplines, including biochemistry are preferred.
The College of Coastal Georgia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College supports equal employment opportunities for all persons without regard to race, color, creed, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, gender, national origin, status as a war veteran, age, disability, or any other status protected by law.
Based on the University system of Georgia’s policy, official sealed transcripts must be provided upon offer and acceptance of all Faculty positions.
College of Coastal Georgia is an undergraduate college in the University System of Georgia. Located on Georgia’s coast, the College campus is in Brunswick with additional outreach through the Camden Center in Kingsland. The vision of the College is to be a college of choice for students within Georgia and beyond, providing an outstanding education for tomorrow’s leaders and citizens through service-learning, global awareness and engaged entrepreneurship. With a strong emphasis on student retention, progression and timely graduation, the College offers baccalaureate degrees in American Studies, Biological Sciences, Business Administration, Criminal Justice, Education, French, Health Informatics, Interdisciplinary Studies, Mathematics, Nursing (BSN), Psychology, Public Management, Spanish, and Workforce Management and Leadership, as well as career associate degrees in Culinary Arts, Hospitality Management, Nursing (ASN) and Radiologic Science. A veterans-friendly campus, the College is a designated Yellow Ribbon School. Approximately 3,000 students are served by more than 200 staff members and a teaching faculty of whom 52% hold doctoral degrees. CCGA is an active participant in the Complete College Georgia initiative designed to support community partnerships and develop the critical thinking, problem-solving and communication skills necessary to address the challenges of 21st century economic development and community wellbeing. For more information, visit the College website: http://www.ccga.eduPosting Detail Information Open Date08/01/2019Close DateOpen Until FilledYesPosting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you first learn of this job opening?
- Brunswick News
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Coastal CareerLink
- College of Coastal Georgia website (www.ccga.edu)
- Current/Former College Employee
- Personal Referral
- University System Applicant Clearinghouse
- Georgia Department of Labor
- * Are you currently employed by this College? If yes, enter the department name. If no, enter "No".
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you legally eligible for employment in the United States?
- * Will you now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status?
- * What will your highest level of education be as of the anticipated start date?
- High School Diploma
- Associate Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- Doctoral Degree
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Teaching Philosophy
- Transcripts 1
- Transcripts 2
- Other Documents