Visiting Assistant Professor in Kinesiology
- Evidence of or potential for successful undergraduate teaching across a health and physical education teacher preparation curriculumK-12 health and physical education teaching experience with state-issued teaching credential/certification (current or expired)Evidence of experience or ability at conducting field observation, internships, and supervision of student teachers in health and physical educationDemonstrate ability to create and maintain relationships with K-12 school settings and other kinesiology and exercise science related community groups and organizationsDemonstrate affiliation and participation with state, national, and/or international professional organizations in Kinesiology (e.g., SHAPE America, IAHPERD, NAKHE, AKA, ACSM, etc)
Cornell College, a deeply student-focused selective liberal arts college, is distinguished by its One Course At A Time curriculum, a philosophy which allows students more opportunities for off-campus study, full-time internships, and research blocks. Academic immersion and unparalleled flexibility, thanks to the One Course Calendar, attract an ambitious student body from nearly all 50 US states and territories and many foreign countries. External endorsements include selection as one of the Colleges That Change Lives, a U.S. News Top 100 liberal arts college, and a Fiske Guide to Colleges Best Buy. Founded in 1853, Cornell's picturesque hilltop campus contains a mix of historic and modern facilities, ranging from the majestic King Chapel to the newly constructed Russell Science Center. It is located in Mount Vernon, Iowa, an urban fringe community recognized by Frommer's as one of "America's Coolest Small Towns" and located in the heart of the ICR Iowa region.
Cornell College is committed to fostering a faculty and staff community that reflects its diverse student body. We encourage applications from candidates who share our vision for a campus that embraces differing backgrounds, viewpoints, and identities. We believe in the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion that serve to enrich and strengthen our campus community.
Applicants should submit the following materials:
- Letter of Application/Cover Letter
- Current Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Statement of teaching philosophy
- Statement of research interest
- Names and contact information for three references.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
Cornell is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from underrepresented groups. Cornell complies with Iowa's Smoke-Free Air Act. Cornell utilizes E-Verify and requires the satisfactory completion of a background check.Top of FormCornell Collegehttps://cornellcollege.applicantpro.com