Director of Sport Performance (Men's Basketball)
Job Title: Director of Sport Performance (Men's Basketball)
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 13770
Department: Athletic Corporation
Salary Range: $4,160-$5,833 (commensurate with experience)
Note: The position includes full benefits. This is a full-time, exempt position. Athletic Corporation employees are at-will.var RichTextValue = PTRTEFillcache('https://cmshr.fresnostate.edu/psp/HFRPRD_newwin/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL','PT_RTE_IMG_DB_LOC','record://PTRTDB','HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$0','1');var TextAreaObject = document.getElementById('HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$0');TextAreaObject.innerHTML = RichTextValue;
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the oversight of the daily operations of the strength and conditioning facility and programs for varsity student-athletes; the development and implementation of athletic performance enhancement programs for men’s basketball and other sports as assigned and other administrative responsibilities as assigned by the Senior Associate Athletics Director.var RichTextValue = PTRTEFillcache('https://cmshr.fresnostate.edu/psp/HFRPRD_newwin/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL','PT_RTE_IMG_DB_LOC','record://PTRTDB','HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$1','1');var TextAreaObject = document.getElementById('HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$1');TextAreaObject.innerHTML = RichTextValue;
- Provide a high-level of service, including but not limited to the development of athletic performance enhancement programs as it relates to injury prevention, and performance enhancement (strength development, power development, year-around planning, recovery, sport science, etc.).
- Organize a scientific-based periodization protocol that progressively stimulates the athlete’s development of the necessary strength and metabolic needs.
- Stay current with knowledge of and be in compliance with NCAA catastrophic injury and death prevention recommendations, including but not limited to acclimatization methods and emergency action plans and development of strong working relationship with institution’s NCAA Athletics Healthcare Administrator. Collaborate with Sports Medicine and Nutrition to determine best practices to impact the performance of student-athletes as well as return-to-play protocols.Implement a screening process to evaluate injury risk from impaired or compensatory movement patterns leading to chronic overuse and muscle strains.
- Evaluate and maintain performance records and monitor progress of assigned student-athletes.
- Maintain a professional level of communication between sport coaches, administrators and staff. Develop the weight room budget and maintain expenditures within budget parameters.Equitably and effectively hire, train, supervise and evaluate subordinate staff and student workers.Assign strength and conditioning staff to each sport team.Be responsible for the unit’s compliance with NCAA, Conference and University rules and regulations.Prepare reports and documents in support of NCAA and other agencies and organizations as required.Administer and oversee the proper maintenance and care of equipment and machines.Plan and budget for the replacement of equipment as needed and select and order equipment.Be versed in and follow department policies and procedures for purchasing, business operations, human resources, etc.Establish and enforce weight room operating procedures and hours of operation.
- Perform all other aspects of administering a collegiate strength and conditioning facility.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Proficiency in computer use: Microsoft office suite, email, etc.
- Ability to:
- Show enthusiasm and a positive attitude on a daily basis
- Effectively communicate with strength staff, coaches, administrators and student-athletes
- Understand the importance of cleanliness of facility and safety when dealing with blood borne pathogens and skin contact
- Ability and willingness to support the diversity and equity commitments of the department
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse ethnic, cultural and socio-economic backgrounds and project a professional attitude Ability to communicate at a high level and the ability to work well with many people.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights/weekends and occasional travel.
- Open minded and receptive towards new ideas and information Ability and willingness to support the equity and diversity commitments of the department.
- Ability to work effectively with individuals of various ethnic, racial and socio-economic groups.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in physical education, exercise science or related field
- Minimum of two (2) to five (5) years of experience or equivalent in strength and conditioning of student athletes
- CSCCA or CSCS accredited National Certification as required by NCAA regulations
- CPR certification
- Experience and demonstrated ability in the design and implementation of safe and effective sport performance programs for a variety of sports
- Master’s Degree in kinesiology or exercise science concentration
- Experience working within a Division I college institution
- Experience providing strength & conditioning programming for a Division I basketball team
- FMS or Fushionetics certification
- Leadership experience and management skills
August 28, 2019var RichTextValue = PTRTEFillcache('https://cmshr.fresnostate.edu/psp/HFRPRD_newwin/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL','PT_RTE_IMG_DB_LOC','record://PTRTDB','HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$6','1');var TextAreaObject = document.getElementById('HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$6');TextAreaObject.innerHTML = RichTextValue;
Complete the required fields on the online application, a resume, and three professional references, including telephone numbers, are required. A cover letter that addresses your qualifications for the position is also required. Full consideration will not be given to applicants who fail to complete all application requirements.
Pursuant to Executive Order 1088, reasonable accommodation is to be provided upon request from an employee or applicant with disabilities, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on the campus. What constitutes a reasonable accommodation is to be determined by the campus on a case-by-case basis after it has received the individual's request for accommodation and engaged in an interactive process. Employees or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation should contact Human Resources directly at (559) 278-2032.
How To Apply
To apply for this or any open position at Fresno State visit our online employment site at: http://jobs.csufresno.edu/var RichTextValue = PTRTEFillcache('https://cmshr.fresnostate.edu/psp/HFRPRD_newwin/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL','PT_RTE_IMG_DB_LOC','record://PTRTDB','HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$8','1');var TextAreaObject = document.getElementById('HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$8');TextAreaObject.innerHTML = RichTextValue;
Pursuant to the requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, any offer of employment is contingent upon verification of individual's eligibility to be employed in the United States.
California State University, Fresno, in conjunction with the CSU policy, requires that the successful candidate complete a full background check (including a criminal records check) prior to assuming this position. Failure to satisfactorily complete or pass the background check may impact the job offer or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for posted positions identified as sensitive.
California State University, Fresno annual security report includes statistics for the previous three years concerning reported crimes that occurred on campus, in certain off-campus buildings or property owned or controlled by Fresno State, and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to or accessible from the campus. The report also includes institutional policies concerning campus security, alcohol/drug use, crime prevention, reporting of crimes, sexual assault, and other matters. You can obtain a copy of this report by contacting the Campus Police Department or by accessing the following web site: http://www.fresnostate.edu/adminserv/police/clery/index.html
The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 Revised July 21, 2017 as a condition of employment. You can obtain a copy of this Executive order by accessing the following web site: https://www.calstate.edu/eo/EO-1083-rev-7-21-17.html
This position may be a "designated position" in the California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. The successful candidate accepting this position may be required to file Conflict of Interest forms subject to the regulations of the Fair Political Practices Commission.
Fresno State is a tobacco-free, smoke-free and vapor-free campus.
Other Applicant Information
Applicants will receive confirmation of receipt of their application materials via automatic email reply. In addition, qualified applicants will receive email notification at the conclusion of the recruitment process.var RichTextValue = PTRTEFillcache('https://cmshr.fresnostate.edu/psp/HFRPRD_newwin/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL','PT_RTE_IMG_DB_LOC','record://PTRTDB','HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$10','1');var TextAreaObject = document.getElementById('HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$10');TextAreaObject.innerHTML = RichTextValue;
Equal Employment Opportunity
California State University, Fresno is committed to maintaining and implementing employment policies and procedures in compliance with applicable state and federal equal employment opportunity laws and regulations. Executive Order 883 prohibits discrimination and Executive Order 927 prohibits harassment, on the basis of a protected status: race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex (including gender identity, per HR 2004-12), sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition and covered veteran status. Retaliation against individuals for complaining about these proscribed conduct, opposing such conduct, or participating in an investigation or proceeding involving such conduct is prohibited by both executive orders.
Further, California State University, Fresno's statement of commitment to equal employment opportunity principles is also found in the various collective bargaining agreements.
California State University, Fresno is one of 23 campuses in the California State University System. The University's mission is to offer high-quality educational opportunities to qualified students at the bachelor's and master's levels, and in certain applied disciplines, at the doctoral level. The current student enrollment is approximately 24,000, including a large percentage of students with diverse and culturally rich backgrounds. The University serves the San Joaquin Valley while maintaining deep involvement with the state, nation, and world. California State University, Fresno promotes student learning and community engagement through faculty scholarship and service learning opportunities in collaboration with community organizations, educational institutions, industry, business and government. The University was one of the first U.S. Colleges and Universities to be selected by The Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching for its Community Engagement Classification.
Metropolitan Fresno, with a multi-ethnic population of over 600,000, is located in the heart of the San Joaquin Valley on the western edge of the Sierra Nevada Mountain Range. The campus is within driving distance of San Francisco, Los Angeles, Yosemite, Kings Canyon and Sequoia National Parks, the Monterey Peninsula, beaches, sailing, lakes, and numerous ski resorts. Fresno boasts one of the most reasonable housing markets in California and offers a wide array of locally grown fruits and produce.