Adjunct Assistant Professor, Electrical Apprenticeship Programs
Title:Adjunct Assistant Professor, Electrical Apprenticeship Programs Opportunity Type:Part-time Position Type:Adjunct Faculty Position Classification:Exempt Home Department:Construction and Technical Programs Pay Grade:N/A Open until filled:Yes Overview:
Santa Fe College (SF) has been recognized as one of the top-rated community colleges in the United States. Santa Fe College is a comprehensive public college that offers a range of Bachelor’s degrees, Associate in Arts, Associate in Science and Associate in Applied Science degree options, as well as Certificate and Non-Degree programs. Santa Fe College is a student-centered institution with a commitment to open access, academic excellence, and cultural and ethnic diversity. A high quality of life, temperate climate, proximity to the University of Florida, diverse cultural events, and plentiful recreational opportunities make SF and Gainesville an ideal community to work and live.
Santa Fe College is currently seeking an adjunct professor for the Electrical Apprenticeship program. The course will start in fall of 2019. The electrical instructor will provide a learning environment that will motivate and instruct students in reaching their education and career goals. This individual will be responsible for teaching the electrical trade, advising students, and maintaining relationships within our local electrical industry.Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide instruction to students using electrical trade experience and knowledge
- Implement curriculum that best meets the needs of the program
- Coordinate hands-on training, field trips and activities
- Instruct the student on mathematics used in the electrical trade
- Demonstrate proper tool and equipment use, with an emphasis on safety
- Monitor and coach trainees while performing performance evaluations
- Participate in recruitment efforts, as needed
- Prepare students for the Journeyman’s exam
- Provide service excellence through courteous, informed, accessible and professional engagement.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Reports to: Coordinator, Apprenticeship ProgramsQualifications:
Required: Successful completion of a Registered Apprenticeship Program, four (4) years of experience in field or six (6) years of work experience in the electrical field. Recommendation of program sponsor and Journeyman card. A criminal background check will be conducted.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work successfully in a multi-cultural environment.
Application Process: All applicants must submit a SF application, letter of intent, updated resume, three current letters of recommendation, and journeyman card (if applicable) through the job portal to be considered for this position. Unofficial transcripts will only be accepted for review purposes. Any transcript required will need to be submitted prior to any offer made.
All submitted materials will be routed to the following Job Contact:
Coordinator, Apprenticeship Programs
Required Documents:Certification(s), Letter of Recommendation 1, Letter of Recommendation 2, Letter of Recommendation 3, Resume/Curriculum Vitae