Temporary Medical Assisant Student Health Services
Job location: Coral Gables, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-07-31
If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.Where Excellence Meets PurposeThe University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful purpose to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.The University has been named on Forbes's Best Employers list for two consecutive years, and is the only university in Florida to receive this honor.
- Welcome and greets patients, take vital signs, escorts patients to rooms, and prepares patient for provider visit.
- Assists clinical staff during visit including providing instruments, supplies and chaperoning when appropriate.
- Maintains exam rooms clean and well organized, and prepares rooms for subsequent patients.
- Stocks exam rooms with forms and medical supplies.
- Supports Clinic Nurse with purchase of supplies and maintaining inventory.
- Administers vaccines and parenteral medications, and performs strep tests as ordered by medical providers.
- Performs EKG’s, spirometry, ear lavage, dressing changes and other in-office procedures and/or tests, as requested by medical providers.
- Communicate instructions and information to patients when appropriate and as directed by medical providers.
- Assists front desk staff when requested including but not limited to answering phones, scheduling patient appointments, filing lab results and other reports, routing results to clinical staff, informing patients of results and/or other information, as requested by medical providers.
- Assists lab staff during less busy periods with drug testing, urinalysis, pregnancy test, and other in-office tests.
- Other related duties as assigned.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Full timeEmployee Type:Temporary - Charge Back (Fixed Term)Pay Grade:h82