Located in a historic neighborhood in the nation's capital, Georgetown offers rigorous academic programs, a global perspective, exciting ways to take advantage of Washington, D.C., and a commitment to social justice. Our community is a tight knit group of remarkable individuals interested in intellectual inquiry and making a difference in the world.
The Marketing Coordinator implements the marketing and sales strategy of the press in order to meet annual sales goals of more than $3,000,000. S/he works in close coordination with our course adoption sales reps on timing of marketing campaigns, sharing leads, and following up on exam copy or infonnation requests to foster increased course adoption sales (accounting for three-fourths of the Press's annual revenue). Reporting to the Marketing and Sales Director, the Marketing Coordinator has additional duties that include but are not limited to:
- Develops and manages the design, production, and deployment process for all direct marketing (emails, flyers, postcards, subject catalogs, and seasonal catalogs) in order to reach targeted buyers.
- Ensures that campaigns are executed on time and within budget.
- Submits data and other infonnation to third-party vendors, sales partners, and industry wholesalers on time, following the standards required to ensure efficiency and accuracy of metadata.
- Continuously develops, maintains, enhances, and improves a user-friendly website experience, including timely updates of content.
- Produces marketing copy for back cover, website, vendor sites, and catalogs in coordination with acquisition editors and authors in support of sales to the readers, librarians, professors, booksellers and other decision-makers who purchase our books and other content.
- Maintains strong communications with authors regarding marketing plans and marketing copy.
- Solicits back-cover blurbs for books and responses to marketing questionnaires from authors.
- Submit awards for books, as appropriate.
Within the university, he/she also interacts with university faculty and staff, and student interns. In addition, s/he represents the Press to the public by working closely with authors, customers, sales reps, and vendors (such as freelance designers, ad reps, printers, list brokers, mail houses, book industry professionals) to create catalogs and marketing copy in order to achieve sales goals. The Marketing Coordinator also interacts with data partners, including distributors, booksellers, online retailers, wholesalers, indexes, as well as content and data aggregators.
- A Bachelor's degree
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat Pro, and Filemaker Pro or other databases. Excellent writing, proofreading, and organizational skills
- Extremely detail-oriented with the ability to juggle and prioritize multiple tasks, meet deadlines, and initiate projects
- Ability to problem-solve under pressure and to present technical information to a nontechnical audience
- Experience analyzing technical data and suggesting practical solutions
- Experience tracking and reporting website sales, usage, and Google Analytics with a demonstrated ability to learn and master new technology and processes
- Courteous and professional communication skills with the ability to work well with others
- Knowledge of best practices in marketing and about how the publishing industry works
- Familiarity with tagging content for discoverability and tracking
- Proficiency in lnDesign preferred
- Proficiency in metadata and ONIX standards preferred
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or [email protected].
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website.
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Georgetown University offers a wide variety of comprehensive and competitive benefits. Benefits packages include comprehensive health, dental and vision plans, disability and life insurance coverage, retirement savings programs, tuition assistance, voluntary insurance options (including group legal, accident, and critical illness), and much more. Whatever your need, the Office of Faculty and Staff Benefits will be standing by to support you. You can learn more about the benefits offered to eligible faculty and staff at https://benefits.georgetown.edu or view the online interactive benefits guide for more information.
To apply, visit https://georgetown.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Georgetown_Admin_Careers/job/Main-Campus/Marketing-Coordinator_JR06736
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency