Degree Audit Specialist
The Office of the Registrar, an administrative service center for the University of Denver community, takes an active role in assisting students and faculty with registration and advising by providing the tools needed to review academic progress, create class schedules and successfully register for classes. Specialized services include, but are not limited to:
- prompt transcript distribution
- degree evaluation and certification
- enrollment and degree verification
- classroom scheduling
- withdrawal processing
- enrollment reporting
We provide pertinent information regarding academic policy, federal regulations, and procedures as related to the procurement, maintenance and release of educational records of our current and former students.
The Degree Audit Specialist develops, implements and maintains all aspects of the University's computerized degree audit system. Develops methods to track students requirements in Banner Student system. Analyzes and understands requirements of academic programs; translates, encodes, and maintains degree requirements for all units using Banner Curriculum, Advising and Program Planning (CAPP) software. Develops and utilizes test plans and routines to validate encoded requirements. Assists in the maintenance of student records and related updates to individual students degree audits. Trains University staff who will maintain exceptions and use the Degree Audit. Provides technical assistance to users in the use of Degree Audit, coding of exceptions, problem resolution, and systems procedures. Maintains tables and files associated with Degree Audit. Prepares documentation and training materials related to Degree Audit. Researches and assists academic units in creating, revising, enhancing accurate coding of program requirements by assisting with Program review in the Bulletin. Assists in implementation and testing of enhancements or changes to the software. Participates in curriculum planning process, as needed. Schedules and executes computer jobs related to the production of Degree Audit Reports. Position develops spring and summer commencement programs. Responsible for buiding and maintaing rules for graduation application.
- Coordinates definition and maintenance of database structure and content for the academic requirements of the University by encoding curriculum requirements into Banner CAPP program.
- Tests and troubleshoots Degree Audit. Resolves degree audit issues for students, staff and faculty.
- Analyzes curriculum requirements, interacts with academic unit personnel to understand requirements and expresses requirements in such a way to be able to automate tracking. Participates in faculty meetings and other curriculum development activities as necessary.
- Trains faculty, departmental and advising staff in use of Degree Audit system and graduate student tracking.
- Writes documentation of Degree Audit system and training materials for students, faculty and staff users.
- Creates and maintains online graduation application.
- Enters degree exceptions and makes changes to correct specific Degree Audits.
- Assists with planning and implementing changes in Student information systems.
- Produces Commencement Program.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Understanding of the University degree requirements.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Two years of related experience.
- Experience in a Registrar's Office.
- Banner and degree audit experience.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on Friday, August 23, 2019.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary will be determined by the qualifications of the selected candidate balanced with departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.