Applications Software Developer, Intermediate
Job location: Coral Gables, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-07-30
If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.Where Excellence Meets PurposeThe University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful purpose to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.The University has been named on Forbes's Best Employers list for two consecutive years, and is the only university in Florida to receive this honor.
The Applications Software Developer Intermediate will design, develop, and support administrative and self-service software applications, as well as build integrations between systems. This individual will be analyzing and developing solutions to address business requirements with a high level of reliability and execution speed.
Core Job Functions
Contributes in all phases of the project's life-cycle: planning and prototyping, design, development, conversion, testing and deployment. Provides guidance and training to less experienced programming staff. Works with functional team to determine operational feasibility and functional design by evaluating problem definitions and requirements. Applies applications programming concepts to design, develop, modify, debug and evaluate programs for a variety of functional areas. Adheres to project plans and change management procedures. Creates and executes unit test plans to ensure requirement specifications are met. Collaborates with the functional team in all aspects of development including end-to-end testing. Prepares technical documentation as well as process flow documents including diagrams, charts, etc. Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
Minimum 2 years of relevant experience
Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
• Skill in collecting, organizing, and analyzing data.
• Ability to recognize, analyze, and solve a variety of problems.
• Ability to exercise sound judgment in making critical decisions.
Department Specific Functions
• Responsible for design, implementation, and maintenance of Identity and Access Management (IAM) enterprise-level solutions and integrations, ETL data feeds creation/monitoring, logs, system configurations, access policies, roles, automated provisioning and reconciliation of resources, components, testing.
• Responsible for producing detailed design documents to present the complete technology solution for a given implementation project.
• Plan independently the full range of actions needed to achieve desired end-results on complex problems.
• Document technical designs with charts, diagrams, schemas, and descriptive software component documentation.
• Research and advise on emerging technologies and with respect to industry best practices, procedures, and concepts.
• Manage highly complex projects from start to finish using Agile/SCRUM development methodology and Team Foundation Server (TFS).
• Develop and assist project managers and directors with the creation of task-level project plans that detail the specific tasks required to deliver a solution.
• Design, develop, and implement technical components to provide Identity and Access Management (IAM) solutions for the enterprise, addressing authentication, authorization, identity provisioning, and audit.
• Troubleshoot and resolve system issues, review logs, debug production issues.
• Develop, test, and implement system changes and upgrades.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in analysis, design, development, and deployment of large-scale enterprise-level applications.
• Must have experience developing custom Java/.Net SOAP/REST Web Services.
• Experience with enterprise databases (Oracle, MS-SQL, MySQL).
• Experience with Agile methodology.
• Experience in Weblogic administration and monitoring.
• Experience with UNIX/Linux environment, PowerShell scripts.
• Excellent knowledge of enterprise application integration and understanding of integration patterns.
• Excellent SQL skills, experience with ETL tools like SSIS.
• Proven teamwork and collaboration skills to lead cross-functional teams.
• Excellent time management and organization skills, with the capability to manage multiple competing priorities.
• Exposure to a variety of technologies, including object-oriented development and design, design patterns, database design, web applications and web services.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Full timeEmployee Type:StaffPay Grade:i105