Financial Aid Processor
Job location: Tampa
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-07-30
Job Description SummaryJOB SUMMARY:
The Financial Aid Processor will be responsible for performing application review, determining eligibility and awarding student financial aid, fund disbursement, and federal and state aid program administration and reconciliation. The Financial Aid Processor will focus on areas of expertise as assigned and will report to a financial aid manager. The Financial Aid Processor will also assist students with understanding the financial aid process for Saint Leo University’s programs and providing optimal student service with every interaction via phone and email. The Financial Aid Processor will report to a financial aid manager.Job Description
Duties and Tasks:
- Perform application review and determination of student eligibility to prepare file for student aid awarding. Application review includes:
- Verification: verify accuracy of data and make corrections as needed
- Federal database (C-code) resolution
- Identify/resolve conflicting information by collecting additional data
- Review financial aid history
- Evaluate satisfactory academic progress status
- Review exception reports and make corrections as needed to ensure appropriate financial aid eligibility
- Perform student awarding and disbursement following federal, state and institutional guidelines.
- Communicate with students when necessary to resolve processing issues via the Financial Aid Help Desk system.
- Perform federal aid processing including origination and disbursement reporting, error resolution and monthly reconciliation.
- Perform state aid processing including determining eligibility, awarding, reporting and reconciliation.
- Perform financial aid recalculation/revisions related to attendance, enrollment change, special circumstance appeal, satisfactory academic progress appeal, post-screening reason code eligibility changes, additional sources of aid, over award, and over payment.
- Maintain confidentiality of work related information and materials.
- Provide information to prospective and enrolled students regarding financial aid program requirements and procedures via inbound telephone calls and email.
- Research financial aid issues; review forms for completeness, accuracy; verify information reported on student applications and other documentation.
- Demonstrate integrity, ethical behavior in working with confidential information.
- Work collaboratively with other departments to ensure that expectations of financial aid service are met consistently.
- Participate in special events, evening, and weekend work as needed.
- Contribute to the overall success of the Financial Aid Office by performing other duties as assigned by the management team
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrate competencies to work in technology driven operation.
- Analytical skills, strong interpersonal and communication skills and student-centered customer service orientation.
- Must be able to work in a collegial and collaborative manner within a team environment.
- Demonstrate success working with students or customers in a service-oriented environment.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Experience in financial aid, preferred.
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills and ability to work successfully with cross-functional teams.
- Detail oriented, excellent time management skills.
- Superior organizational skills; ability to execute multiple objectives concurrently.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to react and adjust quickly to changing conditions
- Ability to multi-task daily
- Ability to produce a high volume of quality work, timely and accurately
- Ability and willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends.
The work environment characteristics described here are a representation of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term “qualified individual with a disability” means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office and University, handle various type of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Saint Leo University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success.