Manager, Student Life
Under the general direction of the Dean of Students and Compliance Officer, the Manager, Student Life is responsible for organizing and evaluating the Inter-Club Council, Phi Theta Kappa, Back-to-School Fest, and Student Life recruitment process, as well as the development of departmental goals and publications. In addition, the Manager, in collaboration with the Coordinator, Code of Conduct, will assist with extracurricular programs and activities to promote student engagement and leadership to increase awareness regarding campus civility throughout the campus. The Manager, Student Life is dedicated to the learning college concepts by coordinating programs and facilitating activities that promote student success and lifelong learning.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Assist the Dean in the administration/operation of the Student Life Office.
2. Assist the Dean in planning special projects for Student Life with the additional responsibility for organizing and implementing designated projects. These include: special college events, Back-to-School Fest and cultural awareness activities.
3. Collaborate with the Dean to maintain the Student Life areas. Schedule and supervise events and handle potential disciplinary issues which arise. Monitor student offices and Student Life areas.
4. Supervise activities including those scheduled for evenings and weekends sponsored by the Student Life Office.
5. Coordinate the technical set-up of activities on campus by the Student Life Office.
6. Supervise student leaders of Phi Theta Kappa and Inter-Club Council. Act as staff resource person for all student clubs.
7. Coordinate the recruitment of new students into ongoing Student Life organizations and clubs.
8. Interview, hire, monitor and evaluate student employees working in the department.
9. Assist student clubs and Inter-Club Council in the development of appropriate strategy planning and implementation of special activities for clubs. Supervise student clubs in planning and implementing fundraising activities.
10. Research best practices in student life/activities and plan/accommodate for appropriate program improvements.
11. Collaborate with the Dean to ensure suitable budgeting for student life activities.
12. Oversee the creation of documents of pertinent use for student clubs/organizations requests.
Bachelor’s degree in education, psychology, communications, or related area and three (3) years prior experience with coordinating and managing projects or events involving large numbers of people; past employment in Student Life and higher education preferred; master’s degree preferred.
• Ability to organize large or complex events
• Strong written/verbal communication skills and organizational skills
• Knowledge of basic computer programs and Microsoft Office
• Conflict management skills
Monday – Friday
8:00 AM – 5:15 PM
some evenings and weekends required
Minimum Starting Rate $57,440.00
Review of Applications Begins 08/06/2019
Special Instructions to Applicants: Please apply online to https://jobs.morainevalley.edu/postings/2597