Director of Alumni and Parent Relations
The mission of Beloit College’s Office of Development and Alumni Relations is to inform external constituents of the College’s mission and goals, to involve them as volunteers in fulfilling its mission, and most importantly, to inspire them to invest their resources in support of the identified current objectives and future dreams. The Director of Alumni & Parent Relations is an integral part of a team that cultivates mutually beneficial relationships with alumni, parents, corporations, foundations, and friends to secure private support for the College.
The key essential functions of the Director include planning and executing annual fundraising and engagement strategies for alumni and parents of the College. The Director is responsible for personally managing a portfolio of leadership prospects and soliciting and closing gifts to advance the mission of the College. The Director plans and executes programs that bring constituents together through networking, social, and philanthropic events for the benefit of one another, students, and the College.
- Participate as a key member of the Development & Alumni Relations team, managing alumni events on and off campus including Homecoming and Reunion Weekend, Donor Showcase, and career/alumni networking events.
- Maintain a portfolio of up to 50 prospects; conduct qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship visits for the purpose of securing philanthropic gifts to the College. Assess capacity and inclination to give and areas of interest for each donor in portfolio.
- Serve as the primary liaison to the Beloit College Alumni Board, supporting the Board’s initiatives including membership, career development, fundraising initiatives, and marketing
- Recruit volunteers for regional alumni clubs across the country and facilitate club events and activities.
- Work closely with Gift Officers to offer programmatic support and key volunteer opportunities for their prospects.
- Assist the Executive Director in the development of alumni and parent giving campaigns in conjunction with other constituent-based programs for the College.
- Develop, in close collaboration with the Executive Director, market segments of alumni, parents, and friends for targeted communications including event marketing materials, awareness campaigns, appeals, stewardship efforts, etc. Collaborate closely with many areas of campus to ensure effective communications regarding the importance of volunteerism, engagement, and personal philanthropy in alumni and parent relations programming.
- Attend events, on and off campus, as a representative of Beloit College
- Some travel, evening and weekend hours required.
Qualifications and Experience
- Undergraduate degree required.
- 3-5 years of professional experience preferred.
- Experience working with diverse populations preferred; willingness to work with diverse populations required
- Experience planning, organizing, and prioritizing multiple tasks and projects simultaneously with frequent interruptions is required.
- Demonstrated success in identifying and soliciting leadership annual fund donors.
- Experience building and supporting non-profit volunteer boards.
Because equity and inclusion are central to our students liberal education and vital to the thriving of all members of our residential learning community, Beloit College aspires to be an actively anti-racist institution. We recognize our aspiration as ongoing and institution-wide, involving collective commitment and accountability. We welcome employees who are committed to and will actively contribute to our efforts to celebrate our cultural and intellectual richness and be resolute in advancing inclusion and equity. We encourage all interested individuals meeting the criteria of the described position to apply.
Located in a diverse community close to Madison, Milwaukee, and Chicago, Beloit is a selective undergraduate liberal arts college that attracts students from across the United States and the world. The college emphasizes excellence in teaching, learning beyond the traditional classroom, international perspectives, and collaborative research among students and faculty. It is recognized as one of the Colleges That Change Lives.
More information about Beloit College can be found at www.beloit.edu
To apply, submit one file containing a letter of application, resume, and contact information for three professional references to [email protected]. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue to the position is filled