FWS Help Desk Technical Assistant
The Coggin College of Business Help Desk, located in building 42, is seeking energetic and independent individuals for an entry‐ level position providing first level technical support to the college’s faculty, staff, and classrooms via telephone, email, or in person. This position offers flexible hours and on the job training. It does include some shifts which extend after 5pm, and a few hours on the weekend throughout semester.
Job duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Consistently demonstrate exceptional customer service
- Provide clients with first level contact and problem resolution for hardware, software, network, and application issues on Windows and Macintosh platforms
- Obtain and convey concise information via the ticketing system for both external and internal service personnel following documentation standards
- Resolve client-reported issues, expertise permitting, using available resources following ITS procedures and guidelines
- Escalate tickets as appropriate in a timely manner following Help Desk procedures
- Act as liaison between clients and internal support staff to ensure accurate
interpretation of the reported issue and maintain communication with clients during the resolution process
- Complete training in order to enhance and improve support to the college
- Develop and maintain knowledge of Help Desk supported products and services
- Develop troubleshooting skills by utilizing available Help Desk tools and ITS Knowledge Base articles
This is position begins on August 28, 2019 and ends on December 6, 2019.Required Qualifications
This posting is for UNF students who are eligible for and accept Federal Work Study (FWS) funding. We are looking for students who:
- Possess exceptional customer service skills
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to adapt to changing dynamics in workflow
- Ability to support clients both remotely and on-site
- Experience and ability to work with Windows 10
- Experience and ability to work with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Experience and ability to work with OSX/macOS Sierra, High Sierra, and Mojave
- Virus remediation
- Configuring Exchange accounts and connecting to wireless networks on mobile operating systems
- A+ certification
The University of North Florida (UNF) is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all who interact in our community. In building this environment, we strive to attract students, faculty and staff from a variety of cultures, backgrounds and life experiences. The University of North Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not commit or permit discrimination or harassment on the basis of genetic information, race, color, religion, age, sex, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, or veteran status in any educational, employment, social, recreational program or activity that it offers. In addition, UNF will not commit or permit retaliation against an individual who complains of discrimination or harassment or an individual who cooperates in an investigation of an alleged violation of University Regulation.Carnegie
UNF is a Carnegie Community Engaged Institution. This designation celebrates the University’s collaboration with community partners from the local to the global level. It reflects UNF’s mission to contribute to the public good and prepare educated, engaged citizens.Faculty Initiatives Posting Detail Information Anticipated Start Date08/28/2019Job Posting Date07/22/2019Application Review Date07/29/2019Application Deadline08/16/2019Open Until FilledYesPoint of Contact InformationJennifer Hunter, 904-620-1499, [email protected] OfficialJennifer Hunter, 904-620-1499, [email protected] if not JacksonvilleSpecial Instructions
Applicants must complete an online application, as well as upload supplemental documents, at www.unfjobs.org in order to be considered for this position. Applicants who do not apply online and/or upload all the required documents will not be considered for this position. Once you submit both your completed application and uploaded documents you will receive a confirmation number. Keep the confirmation number for your records. If you have any questions about this position, please contact Jennifer Hunter at (904) 620-1499, or [email protected]Quicklinkhttp://www.unfjobs.org/postings/11309Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a current UNF student?
- * Are you a current employee of the university?
- * Have you been awarded Federal Work Study for the current academic year?
- * Why are you interested in this position?
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please describe any previous experience you have working in a customer service enviornment
(Open Ended Question)
- * Describe your level of computer skills (be specific).
(Open Ended Question)
- * Rate your level of proficiency with Windows 10.
- * Rate your level of proficiency with Mac OS X/macOS.
- * Please rate your skill level with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook).
- Federal Work Study Award Letter
- Cover Letter/Letter of Interest
- Letter of Recommendation