Physical Science Laboratory Assistant
Posting DetailsPosition Information Student Employment TypeStudent AssistantPosition TitlePhysical Science Laboratory AssistantPosting NumberStu00670Recruitment TypeCCGA Students Only Position Summary Information Nature of Work
Clean and maintain the Science laboratories. Work is closely supervised by a Laboratory Coordinator with the employee receiving specific instructions at the beginning of each new job.
This is a 19½ hour per week maximum, part-time student position reporting to the Laboratory Coordinator. The work schedule is subject to change between semesters or as needed. Student employees are not to work during scheduled class times, even if classes are cancelled or dismissed early.Essential Duties
- Participate in required training
- Wipe down laboratory countertops, fume hoods, computers, and equipment.
- Straighten the laboratory, and wash glassware and store in designated areas
- Set out appropriate equipment and materials for lab use and return equipment and materials to their correct location in the store/prep rooms.
- Organize and help conduct inventory of materials such as microscope slides, glassware, LabQuest units and probes, etc.
- Wash glassware and store in designated areas
- Prepare media for microbiology and other materials as directed
- Perform appropriate projects as assigned
- Must be enrolled in at least six credit hours.
- Must be a Science Major
- Must be punctual, dependable, reliable and responsible.
- Must demonstrate the ability to understand and carry out simple oral instructions.
- Must demonstrate the ability to understand safety rules and instructions and to exercise appropriate caution with job-specific hazardous materials and chemicals.
- Must have successfully completed an appropriate science course related to the duties they will be asked to perform.
The College of Coastal Georgia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College supports equal employment opportunities for all persons without regard to race, color, creed, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, gender, national origin, status as a war veteran, age, disability, or any other status protected by law.CCGA Information
College of Coastal Georgia is an undergraduate college in the University System of Georgia. Located on Georgia’s coast, the College campus is in Brunswick with additional outreach through the Camden Center in Kingsland. The vision of the College is to be a college of choice for students within Georgia and beyond, providing an outstanding education for tomorrow’s leaders and citizens through service-learning, global awareness and engaged entrepreneurship. With a strong emphasis on student retention, progression and timely graduation, the College offers baccalaureate degrees in American Studies, Biological Sciences, Business Administration, Criminal Justice, Education, French, Health Informatics, Interdisciplinary Studies, Mathematics, Nursing (BSN), Psychology, Public Management, Spanish, and Workforce Management and Leadership, as well as career associate degrees in Culinary Arts, Hospitality Management, Nursing (ASN) and Radiologic Science. A veterans-friendly campus, the College is a designated Yellow Ribbon School. Approximately 3,000 students are served by more than 200 staff members and a teaching faculty of whom 52% hold doctoral degrees. CCGA is an active participant in the Complete College Georgia initiative designed to support community partnerships and develop the critical thinking, problem-solving and communication skills necessary to address the challenges of 21st century economic development and community wellbeing. For more information, visit the College website: http://www.ccga.eduPosting Detail Information Open Date07/30/2019Close DateOpen Until FilledYesPosting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you first learn of this job opening?
- Brunswick News
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Coastal CareerLink
- College of Coastal Georgia website (www.ccga.edu)
- Current/Former College Employee
- Personal Referral
- University System Applicant Clearinghouse
- Georgia Department of Labor
- * Are you currently employed by this College? If yes, enter the department name. If no, enter "No".
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you legally eligible for employment in the United States?
- * Will you now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status?
- * Will you be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours at CCGA during the semester for which this position would employ you?
- * Are you a Science major?
- Cover Letter