Student Success Navigator, Career-Technical Education (2 Positions Available)
Posting DetailsPosition Information Position TitleStudent Success Navigator, Career-Technical Education (2 Positions Available)Requisition NumberSCA00348General Description
Reporting to the Director of Admissions, the Student Success Navigator, Career-Technical Education (CTE) provides a high-quality coaching experience designed to meet the needs of students entering in the College’s career-technical educational programs. The CTE Success Navigator will provide a broad range of services throughout the admissions cycle to CTE students. This includes connecting students to resources and services to facilitate their entry into the College and the beginning of their studies as they develop a personalized plan for their path to success.
The Student Success Navigator is a grant-funded position.Specific Responsibilities
• Proactively assist incoming CTE program-placed students through the admissions process. Help them overcome any potential barriers in the student enrollment process.
• Act as a concierge for students by assisting with administrative processes such as completing placement process, directing to the appropriate departments for financing needs and act as a liaison between students and other College departments.
• Maintain high visibility through dynamic interactions with CTE students by phone, video conferencing, text, live chat, and email on a regular and consistent basis.
• Check in with students through their decision-making process by engaging in a consultative dialogue to explore and uncover student needs and concerns, presenting information in a professional, articulate, and confident manner, and effectively communicating the value proposition of their chosen CTE program.
• Evaluate incoming transcripts for CTE students, as designated, and explore Prior Learning options with CTE students.
• Provide general information about financial aid and scholarship requirements and processes, as well as other options for financing their education.
• Facilitate and organize virtual prospective student-facing events such as webinars and new student success events for CTE students.
• Accurately document, maintain, and track all CTE student interactions, information, and progression through student enrollment processes and document outcomes.
• Maintain outreach, engagement and service that is inclusive and that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diversity of the College community.
• Deliver quality customer service to both internal and external constituents in a professional, helpful and courteous manner.
• Maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological and ethnic backgrounds.
• Other duties as assigned.Minimum Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• At least one (1) year of related work experience within higher education required.
• Strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail required.
• Experience successfully working independently as well as part of a team with a collaborative approach to problem solving required.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment required.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological and ethnic backgrounds by effectively using cross-cultural skills and abilities required.
• Demonstrated ability to provide excellent customer service required.
• Demonstrated ability to assess student populations in order to develop effective intervention strategies required.
• Proficiency using MS Word and Excel required.
• Ability to conduct webinars, presentations, live chat, tele-conferencing and email/text/phone campaigns is required.
• Outstanding written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills required.
• Awareness of FERPA and ethical principles in working with students required.
• Must be available to work nights and weekends based on business needs and to serve working adults. Must have the ability to travel between campuses and for events, as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.Preferred Qualifications
• Master’s degree preferred. Any and all degree(s) must be from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
• Experience working in a higher education setting with undergraduates in a recruitment/outreach, admissions, financial aid, and/or student success related capacity preferred.
• Proficiency using an enterprise-wide system (i.e. Ellucian Banner) and CRM preferred.Work LocationMain CampusBenefitsSpecial Instructions to Applicants
*Interested persons should complete an online application.
*Cover letter of interest and resume REQUIRED.
*Names and contact information of 3 professional references OPTIONAL.
Review of applications will commence on August 8, 2019 and will continue until the position is filled.
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in the U.S.
Community College of Philadelphia is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity and Equal Access Employer. The College encourages applications from individuals from traditionally underrepresented groups.Salary Grade or RankISalary RangeSalary commensurate with relevant work experienceJob Posting Open Date07/25/2019Job Posting Close DateType of PositionAdministrator - TempJob CategoryEmployment Status Full-TimeSupplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about Community College of Philadelphia?
- The Chronicle
- Veterans Job Fair
- Professional & Tchnology Diversity Career Fair
- Al Dia - Diversity Career Fair
- Community College of Philadelphia Website
- * If your answer to the above question is Other, please note the source below. If this question does not apply to you, enter N/A.
(Open Ended Question)
- * What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- No Response
- High School/GED
- Associates Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- * Do you have at least one (1) year of related work experience within higher education?
- * Do you have experience working in a higher education setting with undergraduates in a recruitment/outreach, admissions, financial aid, and/or student success-related capacity?
- * Do you have experience using an enterprise-wide system (e.g. Ellucian Banner) and CRM?
- * Do you have the ability to conduct webinars, presentations, live chat, teleconferencing, and email/text/phone campaigns?
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application