Adjunct Professor of Astronomy
Adjunct Professor of Astronomy
Posting Number: F00606
Location: Diablo Valley College
Salary: $59.70-$84.36 hourly
Description of Position:
3 hours of classroom and/or lab instruction per week. Part of the teaching assignment may be in the evening program. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
*the advancement of student learning through dedicated, exemplary instruction in accordance with established course outlines;
*maintenance of current knowledge in the subject matter area and effective teaching/learning strategies;
*maintenance of appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics.
Position Status: Non-Tenure Track
EEO Job Category: Faculty & Other Instructional Staff
Employee Group: Part-Time Faculty
Department: D4130-Physical Science
Duties and Responsibilities:
Adjunct Faculty duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. Providing instruction in accordance with established curriculum, course outlines and class schedules;
2. Creating and maintaining an environment which emphasizes learning, encourages free discussion of ideas and critical thinking;
3. Evaluating progress of students concerning educational matters and grades student work;
4. Meeting with students outside of class;
5. Maintaining appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics;
6. Maintaining current knowledge in the subject matter areas;
7. Fulfilling professional responsibilities of a part-time/temporary faculty member;
8. Maintaining accurate academic records;
9. Performing other related duties as assigned.
The applicant must possess one of the following qualifications:
1. Master’s degree in Physics, Astronomy, or Astrophysics; OR
2. Bachelor’s degree in Physics or Astronomy and Master’s degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Meteorology, or Geophysics; OR
3. a valid California community college instructor credential authorizing full-time instruction in astronomy; OR
4. the equivalent. (If you believe that you meet the minimum qualifications via equivalency, please fill out the equivalency petition form in the application packet.)
• demonstrated commitment to student learning and demonstrated commitment to promoting the success of all students in an open-access learning environment,
* demonstrated sensitivity to and ability to motivate and teach community college students of diverse ethnic backgrounds, cultures, preparation, learning styles, and/or disabilities,
* commitment to professional growth and development, to innovation and improvement of teaching, and to assuming faculty responsibilities beyond the classroom in a shared governance environment.
Job Open Date: 06/27/2019
Job Close Date: 9/1/2019
Open Until Filled: No
# of Months: 4
To apply, visit: https://www.4cdcareers.net/postings/6338
The Contra Costa Community College District does not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sex, or sexual orientation. This prohibition against unlawful discrimination extends to any person who is perceived to have any of the above characteristics or who is associated with someone who has, or who is perceived to have, any of those characteristics.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency