Geology Adjunct Instructor
Geology Adjunct Instructor
Posting Number: F00605
Location: Diablo Valley College
Salary: $59.70 - $84.36/hour
Description of Position:
The Pleasant Hill campus of Diablo Valley College is looking for adjunct instructors to teach GEOL 120 Physical Geology and/or GEOL 122 Physical Geology lab. Candidates should have a general knowledge of Geology and an interest in California geology.
email: [email protected]
Position Status: Temporary
EEO Job Category: Faculty & Other Instructional Staff
Employee Group: Part-Time Faculty
Department: D4130-Physical Science
Duties and Responsibilities:
Adjunct Faculty duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. providing instruction in accordance with established curriculum, course outlines and class schedules;
2. creating and maintaining an environment which emphasizes learning, encourages free discussion of ideas and critical thinking;
3. evaluating progress of students concerning educational matters and grades student work;
4. meeting with students outside of class;
5. maintaining appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics;
6. maintaining current knowledge in the subject matter areas;
7. fulfilling professional responsibilities of a part-time/temporary faculty member;
8. maintaining accurate academic records;
9. performing other related duties as assigned.
Master’s in geology, geophysics, earth sciences, meteorology, oceanography or paleontology
OR Bachelor’s in geology AND Master’s in geography, physics, or geochemistry
OR the equivalent.
• Ability to teach intro level Geology lectures and labs.
• Demonstrated commitment to student learning and demonstrated commitment to promoting the success of all students in an open-access learning environment.
• Demonstrated sensitivity to and ability to motivate and teach community college students of diverse ethnic backgrounds, cultures, preparation, learning styles, and/or disabilities.
• Commitment to professional growth and development, to innovation and improvement of teaching and to assuming faculty governance beyond the classroom in a shared governance environment.
Job Open Date: 06/27/2019
Job Close Date: 12/15/2019
Open Until Filled: No
# of Months: 5
To apply, visit: https://www.4cdcareers.net/postings/6337
The Contra Costa Community College District does not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sex, or sexual orientation. This prohibition against unlawful discrimination extends to any person who is perceived to have any of the above characteristics or who is associated with someone who has, or who is perceived to have, any of those characteristics.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency