Physics Adjunct Instructor
Physics Adjunct Instructor
Posting Number: F00601
Location: Contra Costa College
Salary: $59.70 - $84.36/ per hour
Description of Position:
The Physics program is looking for part-time instructor(s) to teach either the first or third semester of calculus-based physics in accordance with existing approved course outlines and department syllabus. The first semester covers mechanics through basic fluids. 4 midterms and 1 comprehensive final are expected. The third semester includes thermodynamics (1 exam and 1 final), optics and relativity (1 exam and 1 final), atomic and nuclear physics (1 exam and 1 final).
Teaching opportunities might include the three courses in calculus-based physics for engineering and physical science majors, the two courses in the algebra-based physics for life-science majors, and the descriptive physics course.
Please contact Sonja Thompson [email protected]
Position Status: Non-Tenure Track
EEO Job Category: Faculty & Other Instructional Staff
Department: C7000-NSAS DIV Natural & Applied Sc
Duties and Responsibilities:
Instructor must follow department guidelines, including exam and homework standards; be able to prepare and grade class assignments and exams; inform students of their academic progress of course requirements, and evaluation procedures; maintain scholastic records and submit them according to published deadlines and be able to serve a diverse student body in age, ethnicity and academic skills.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. the advancement of student learning through dedicated, exemplary instruction in accordance with established course outlines;
2. abide by longstanding department standards and guidelines, including giving 4 midterms and a final;
3. maintenance of current knowledge in the subject matter area and effective teaching/learning strategies;
4. maintenance of appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics;
5. provide classroom instruction in accordance with approved course outlines;
6. prepare and grade class assignments and examinations and inform students of their academic progress;
7. inform students of course requirements, evaluation procedures and attendance requirements;
8. maintain attendance, scholastic, and personnel records and submit them according to published deadlines
9. post and maintain adequate and regular office hours in accordance with prevailing policy;
Minimum Qualifications (Note: Degrees must be from an accredited college/university)
Master’s in physics, astronomy, or astrophysics
Bachelor’s in physics or astronomy
Master’s in engineering, mathematics, meteorology, or geophysics
• Experience in teaching community college or university Physics courses.
• The ability to work with a diverse student population.
• Ability to connect with and support under-prepared students.
• Ability to present material in a clear and engaging manner.
• Ability to lead a class in an interactive way.
• Extensive, effective, and efficient use of demonstrations.
Job Open Date: 06/17/2019
Job Close Date:
Open Until Filled: Yes
# of Months: 4 months per semester
To apply, visit: https://www.4cdcareers.net/postings/6165
The Contra Costa Community College District does not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sex, or sexual orientation. This prohibition against unlawful discrimination extends to any person who is perceived to have any of the above characteristics or who is associated with someone who has, or who is perceived to have, any of those characteristics.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency