Art Adjunct Instructor
Art Adjunct Instructor
Posting Number: F00593
Location: Los Medanos College
Salary: $59.70 - $84.36/Hourly
Description of Position:
Adjunct instructor to teach Art courses (Studio Arts or Art History) at Los Medanos
Please contact Ken Alexander [email protected]
Lucy Snow [email protected]
Position Status: Temporary
EEO Job Category: Faculty & Other Instructional Staff
Employee Group: Part-Time Faculty
Duties and Responsibilities:
Adjunct Faculty duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. providing instruction in accordance with established curriculum, course outlines and class schedules;
2. creating and maintaining an environment which emphasizes learning, encourages free discussion of ideas and critical thinking;
3. evaluating progress of students concerning educational matters and grades student work;
4. meeting with students outside of class;
5. maintaining appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics;
6. maintaining current knowledge in the subject matter areas;
7. fulfilling professional responsibilities of a part-time/temporary faculty member;
8. maintaining accurate academic records;
9. performing other related duties as assigned.
Master’s in fine arts, art, or art history OR Bachelor’s in any of the above AND Master’s in humanities OR the equivalent. (NOTE: ‘’Master’s in fine arts” as used here refers to any master’s degree in the subject matter of fine arts, which is defined to include visual studio arts such as drawing, painting, sculpture, printmaking, ceramics, textiles, and metal and jewelry art; and also art education and art therapy. It does not refer to the “Master of Fine Arts” (MFA) degree when that degree is based on specialization in performing arts or dance, film, video, photography, creative writing or other nonplastic arts.)
Master’s in art history, history of art and architecture or visual culture/visual studies
Bachelor’s in art history and master’s in history OR Master’s in art with a recorded emphasis or concentration in art history OR the equivalent.
1. Experience teaching foundation courses in Studio Arts, Art Appreciation, or Art History.
2. Demonstrated success in mentoring, teaching, and developing educational
programming/curriculum with and for diverse student populations.
3. Portfolio that demonstrates expertise in a variety of media.
Job Open Date: 05/24/2019
Job Close Date:
Open Until Filled: Yes
# of Months: 4
To apply, visit: https://www.4cdcareers.net/postings/6131
The Contra Costa Community College District does not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sex, or sexual orientation. This prohibition against unlawful discrimination extends to any person who is perceived to have any of the above characteristics or who is associated with someone who has, or who is perceived to have, any of those characteristics.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency