Physics Adjunct Instructor
Physics Adjunct Instructor
Posting Number: F00591
Location: Diablo Valley College
Salary: $59.70-$84.36 per hour
Description of Position:
Teaching lower division college level physics classes on an hourly basis.
Ted Walker at [email protected]
Position Status: Temporary
EEO Job Category: Faculty & Other Instructional Staff
Employee Group: Part-Time Faculty
Department: D4130-Physical Science
Duties and Responsibilities:
Adjunct Faculty duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. providing instruction in accordance with established curriculum, course outlines and class schedules;
2. creating and maintaining an environment which emphasizes learning, encourages free discussion of ideas and critical thinking;
3. evaluating progress of students concerning educational matters and grades student work;
4. meeting with students outside of class;
5. maintaining appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics;
6. maintaining current knowledge in the subject matter areas;
7. fulfilling professional responsibilities of a part-time/temporary faculty member;
8. maintaining accurate academic records;
9. performing other related duties as assigned.
The applicant must possess one of the following qualifications (earned degrees must be from an accredited college/university):
1. Master’s degree in physics, astronomy, or astrophysics; OR
2. Bachelor’s degree in physics or astronomy AND a master’s degree in engineering, mathematics, meteorology, or geophysics; OR
3. A valid California Community College Instructor Credential authorizing full-time instruction in Physics; OR
4. The equivalent. If you do not possess the EXACT minimum qualifications (i.e. you do not possess the exact degree(s) listed) and believe that you meet the minimum qualifications because of equivalent educational or professional background, please fill out the equivalency form found in the attachment section of the application.
Recent experience teaching physics.
Job Open Date: 05/15/2019
Job Close Date: 12/31/2019
Open Until Filled: No
# of Months: 4 months each semester
To apply, visit: https://www.4cdcareers.net/postings/6335
The Contra Costa Community College District does not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sex, or sexual orientation. This prohibition against unlawful discrimination extends to any person who is perceived to have any of the above characteristics or who is associated with someone who has, or who is perceived to have, any of those characteristics.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency