MCP Field Placement Manager
California Institute of Integral Studies (CIIS) is an internationally-recognized leader in integral education. CIIS has an enrollment of more than 1,600 students pursuing degrees in a variety of academic programs in its schools of Consciousness and Transformation, Professional Psychology and Health, Undergraduate Studies, and American College of Traditional Chinese Medicine. In addition, CIIS hosts a vibrant art exhibition program through The Arts at CIIS, and offers a dynamic array of events through its Public Programs & Performances division, including workshops, concerts, and conferences. The University provides low-cost mental health and acupuncture services to the San Francisco Bay Area through its 10 award-winning counseling and acupuncture clinics. CIIS is accredited by the Western Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC) and Accreditation Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (ACAOM).
The MCP Field Placement Manager serves as primary contact for a variety of Counseling Psychology practicum placements. The Manager is responsible for working successfully with multiple internal and external partners including MCP students, CIIS mental health training clinic sites, CIIS MCP programs and business departments, and community mental health agencies and organizations to provide information and guidance that fosters and enhances the field placement needs of MCP students and the mission and vision of CIIS. Currently there are approximately 200 students who may rotate in or out of required clinical placements each semester, 5 MCP-level CIIS training clinics, and a total field of over 165 active external clinic sites.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promote good working relationships between and among multiple groups such as students, program directors and faculty, clinic directors and staff, CIIS departments, site and school supervisors, and community agency personnel.
- Disseminate accurate information regarding practicum policies, requirements, deadlines, CIIS and basic BBS (Board of Behavioral Sciences) procedures.
- Advise and consult with MCP students regarding field placement.
- Track student placements, site information, supervisor and student evaluations.
- Maintain confidentiality as required.
- Manage documentation and assessment of potential new sites and/or partnerships.
- Manage required student criminal background check process.
- Process Clinical Practicum Information forms for newly approved sites.
- Manage timely receipt of required Supervised Fieldwork Agreements; follow up with students, sites, and CIIS departments as necessary.
- Perform additional duties as requested.
- Bachelor's Degree required. Master's Degree in Counseling or related field preferred.
- Effective administrative experience in a higher education setting.
- Effective and professional interpersonal, oral, online, and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to multitask, take initiative, prioritize, meet deadlines, and suggest creative problem solving.
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision, as well as collaboratively in a team-based setting.
- Excellent office and project management skills.
- Experience with small database maintenance and report generation.
- Familiarity with field placement and licensure of MFTs (Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists) and LPCCs (Licensed Professional Clinical Counselors) preferred.
- Familiarity with Bay Area field placement resources related to counseling psychology preferred.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with skills and experience.
NOTES TO CANDIDATE
- Working Conditions -- Duties are primarily performed in an office environment at a desk or computer terminal, typically, Monday through Friday.
- Background Check -- Due to the sensitivity and requirements of our positions, you should expect to undergo and be cleared of an employment background/criminal check, if extended an offer for employment. You may also be asked to provide proof of educational degree(s), licenses or credentials pertinent to the position. If your job requires driving on behalf of CIIS you will be required to provide proof of a valid driver's license.
- Visa Sponsorship -- Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. Applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
- Relocation Assistance -- This position is not eligible for relocation assistance.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY
CIIS is committed to providing an open, fair, inclusive, non-discriminatory environment for all individuals across differences of race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, socio- economic status, ethnicity, age, physical ability, or medical condition. We seek to increase the presence, representation and inclusion of U.S. historically under-represented people of color, international, bilingual and bicultural students, faculty and staff; and, to provide an environment that will attract and retain individuals identified as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning and intersex (LGBTQQI).
Screening begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Using the Apply Now link, please submit a Resume and Cover Letter online.
If you prefer either full time or a part time position, please state what your preference is.