Director Development & Alumni Relations - Tisch College
DescriptionTisch College of Civic Life at Tufts University seeks a Director of Development and Alumni Relations. Working with the dean and other university leaders, the director will raise annual and major gifts; develop and implement an alumni relations program; and work with corporate and foundation relations, special events, donor relations, alumni relations, prospect management/research, planned giving, and communications/marketing to plan and execute a successful advancement program. The Director will manage a portfolio of 60 – 100 annual and major gifts prospects, often in partnership with other development officers, and will cultivate, solicit, and steward these individuals in support of Tisch College. The Director will also work with the Tisch Advisory Board and campaign volunteers.
The Jonathan M. Tisch College of Civic Life has spent nearly two decades studying and supporting civic engagement and has positioned Tufts as the leading university advancing participation in civic and democratic life. By increasing student opportunities to engage with communities and develop civic skills, by gathering to Tufts the world’s best scholars on civic life, and by advancing research on civic engagement and political participation, Tisch College magnifies the impact that Tufts University, its students, faculty, and alumni can have on creating a brighter future. Tisch College combines education, research, and practice to serve as a hub for students, faculty, and community members who are committed to civic engagement and to its ability to change the world for the better.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 7 years of experience in philanthropy.
- Advanced interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Proven track record of securing annual and major gifts.
- Domestic travel required.
- Valid US Driver’s License.
- Microsoft Office suite and complex database experience.
- Successful face-to-face solicitation experience with both annual fund and major gifts in a complex environment.
- Experience developing cultivation and solicitation strategies in concert with academic leadership and volunteers.
- Ability to influence others without formal authority.
- Team player who is optimistic, resilient, and a motivated self-starter. Must be able to work effectively, efficiently, and flexibly in a fast-paced environment; and be able to balance numerous responsibilities with limited resources.
- Interest in and commitment to Tisch College mission.
- Master’s Degree.
- Experience with Advance or other fundraising information system/database.
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity.
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Medford/Somerville
Job: Advancement/Alumni Relations
Organization: UA-Central Development Program
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: Jul 29, 2019, 7:08:56 AM