Nursing Adjunct Instructor
Nursing Adjunct Instructor
Posting Number: F00571
Location: Los Medanos College
Salary: $59.70-$84.36 per hour (Depending on placement.)
Description of Position:
This is a part-time position in Nursing. The position is a clinical faculty position in the RN and/or LVN program with assignments in the following areas: Fundamentals, Medical/Surgical, Maternal/Newborn, Psychiatry or Pediatrics.
Approval from the Contra Costa Community College Board and Board of Registered Nursing/Board of Vocational Nursing must be received prior to hire. This position requires adaptability and flexibility in assignments.
This teaching assignment may be during the day, evening and/or on weekends. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. maintaining current and evidence-based knowledge in the subject matter area and effective teaching/ learning strategies;
2. maintaining appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics;
3. informing students of course requirements, evaluation procedures and attendance requirements;
4. preparing and grading clinical assignments and informing students of their clinical progress;
5. maintaining attendance, scholastic, and personnel records and submitting them according to published deadlines;
6. Model and mentor students with excellent interpersonal, professional and communication skills.
For questions please contact Joanne Bent at [email protected] or Debra Hawkes at [email protected]
Position Status: Temporary
EEO Job Category: Faculty & Other Instructional Staff
Employee Group: Part-Time Faculty
Duties and Responsibilities:
Adjunct Faculty duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. providing instruction in accordance with established curriculum, course outlines and class schedules;
2. creating and maintaining an environment which emphasizes learning, encourages free discussion of ideas and critical thinking;
3. evaluating progress of students concerning educational matters and grades student work;
4. meeting with students outside of class;
5. maintaining appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics;
6. maintaining current knowledge in the subject matter areas;
7. fulfilling professional responsibilities of a part-time/temporary faculty member;
8. maintaining accurate academic records;
9. performing other related duties as assigned.
Any bachelor’s degree and two years of professional experience
Any associate degree and six years of professional experience
1. Hold a current, valid license to practice as a registered nurse in California.
Competency with EPIC documentation software.
Job Open Date: 03/26/2019
Job Close Date: 12/31/2019
Open Until Filled: No
# of Months: 8
To apply, visit: https://www.4cdcareers.net/postings/6322
The Contra Costa Community College District does not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sex, or sexual orientation. This prohibition against unlawful discrimination extends to any person who is perceived to have any of the above characteristics or who is associated with someone who has, or who is perceived to have, any of those characteristics.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency