Culinary Arts Adjunct Instructor
Culinary Arts Adjunct Instructor
Posting Number: F00558
Location: Diablo Valley College
Salary: $59.70 - $84.36 hourly
Description of Position:
The Culinary Arts Department at Diablo Valley College is looking for adjunct instructors to provide course instruction in Culinary Arts classes in accordance with course outlines at the DVC Pleasant Hill Campus.
We are primarily looking for instructors to teach culinary lab classes that focus on practical development of fundamental and advanced student skills in knife, tool and culinary equipment handling and food preparation per American Culinary Federation (ACF) standards. Seasonal cooking and market variations, healthy cooking, curing meats, preparing flavored oils and dressings, and composition of effective menu items are also part of the program curriculum.
Instructors with general backgrounds in other areas including baking and pastry are also encouraged to apply to the part-time pool for future courses which may become available.
Chef Chris Draa, Culinary Arts Department Chair. Email: [email protected]
Position Status: Temporary
EEO Job Category: Faculty & Other Instructional Staff
Employee Group: Part-Time Faculty
Department: D3620-Hotel/Restaurant Management
Duties and Responsibilities:
Adjunct Faculty duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. providing instruction in accordance with established curriculum, course outlines and class schedules;
2. creating and maintaining an environment which emphasizes learning, encourages free discussion of ideas and critical thinking;
3. evaluating progress of students concerning educational matters and grades student work;
4. meeting with students outside of class;
5. maintaining appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics;
6. maintaining current knowledge in the subject matter areas;
7. fulfilling professional responsibilities of a part-time/temporary faculty member;
8. maintaining accurate academic records;
9. performing other related duties as assigned.
The applicant must possess one of the following qualifications:
1. Bachelor’s degree and two years of relevant professional culinary arts experience OR
2. Associate degree and six years of relevant professional culinary arts experience OR
3. a valid California community college instructor credential authorizing full-time instruction in Culinary Arts OR
4. the equivalent. (If you believe that you meet the minimum qualifications via equivalency, please fill out the equivalency petition form in the application packet).
• Previous experience teaching adults in career technical field.
• Hands-on experience in the fields of Culinary, Baking and Pastry, Restaurant Management, Purchasing and Receiving, POS systems, Catering Operations, Wine and Beverage knowledge and service, Culinary Mathematics, Food Safety and Sanitation or Nutritional Food Guidelines..
• Hands-on experience working with: Cryo-vac machines, Sous-Vide machines, Sheeters, Walk-ins and Reach-ins, Grills, Fryers, all types of ovens, Proof Boxes, Ice Cream machines, etc.
Job Open Date: 02/13/2019
Job Close Date: 12/31/2019
Open Until Filled: No
# of Months: 5
To apply, visit: https://www.4cdcareers.net/postings/6319
The Contra Costa Community College District does not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sex, or sexual orientation. This prohibition against unlawful discrimination extends to any person who is perceived to have any of the above characteristics or who is associated with someone who has, or who is perceived to have, any of those characteristics.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency