Student Success Navigator, Career-Technical Education
Community College of Philadelphia
Community College of Philadelphia is dedicated to promoting a work environment which attracts and retains talented and diverse faculty and staff, and which challenges each of us to achieve at the highest level while contributing to the mission of the College. We value and support a culturally diverse and intellectually dynamic community to prepare our students for global citizenship. Join us as we transition from our first 50 years into the next and build upon a legacy that will impact the city of Philadelphia and beyond.Community College of Philadelphia is seeking to fill a Student Success Navigator, Career-Technical Education position. Reporting to the Director of Admissions, the Student Success Navigator, Career-Technical Education (CTE) provides a high-quality coaching experience designed to meet the needs of students entering in the College's career-technical educational programs. The CTE Success Navigator will provide a broad range of services throughout the admissions cycle to CTE students. This includes connecting students to resources and services to facilitate their entry into the College and the beginning of their studies as they develop a personalized plan for their path to success.
The Student Success Navigator is a grant-funded position.
For a complete position description, and to apply online, please visit our career site at jobs.ccp.edu, or click the “Apply” button.
Community College of Philadelphia recognizes that our employees are important and vital to our success. We offer a high-quality, comprehensive program of benefits, which represents an important component of total compensation.
Our benefits include:
- Medical, dental and prescription drug plans for employee and all of their eligible family members
- College-paid life and disability insurance
- College closes for Winter Break the week between Christmas and New Years and for a week in March for Spring Break
- Tuition remission (for classes at the College)
- Forgivable tuition loan (for classes at any accredited academic institution)
- 403(b) retirement plan with 10% College contribution
- Healthcare and Dependent Care flexible spending accounts
- College operates on a 4-day work week during the summer months
- Paid vacation plus holiday and personal time off
Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.Minimum Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree required.
• At least one (1) year of related work experience within higher education required.
• Strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail required.
• Experience successfully working independently as well as part of a team with a collaborative approach to problem solving required.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment required.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological and ethnic backgrounds by effectively using cross-cultural skills and abilities required.
• Demonstrated ability to provide excellent customer service required.
• Demonstrated ability to assess student populations in order to develop effective intervention strategies required.
• Proficiency using MS Word and Excel required.
• Ability to conduct webinars, presentations, live chat, tele-conferencing and email/text/phone campaigns is required.
• Outstanding written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills required.
• Awareness of FERPA and ethical principles in working with students required.
• Must be available to work nights and weekends based on business needs and to serve working adults. Must have the ability to travel between campuses and for events, as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Master's degree preferred. Any and all degree(s) must be from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
• Experience working in a higher education setting with undergraduates in a recruitment/outreach, admissions, financial aid, and/or student success related capacity preferred.
• Proficiency using an enterprise-wide system (i.e. Ellucian Banner) and CRM preferred.