RN Clinical Ladder - Wound Care Team (Part-Time)
Job location: Medical Center (Charlottesville, VA)
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2020-02-19
Clinician with well-developed clinical expertise within a defined specialty, recognized by peers as a leader within the institution. Manages care and implements treatment plans with expertise in collaboration with patients, their families, physicians and other members of the health care team. Has aggregate responsibility for nursing care, incorporating current literature and research. Identifies the strengths within the service area and takes the opportunity to develop and or mentor others to promote professional growth and improve patient outcomes. Has demonstrated expertise in chosen scholarly activities focused towards the advancement or promotion of the profession.
This job description integrates the ANA 2015 Nursing: Scope and Standards of Practice, Third Edition and the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses with Interpretive Statements (ANA, 2015), and the UVA Nursing Professional Practice Model.
ANA Scope and Standards of Practice definition of nursing:
Nursing is the protection, promotion, and optimization of health and abilities, prevention of illness and injury, facilitation of healing, alleviation of suffering through the diagnosis and treatment of human response, and advocacy in the care of individuals, families, groups, communities and populations.
- Relationship Based Care - Self and Colleagues: reflects the influence of the nurse’s relationship with self, colleagues and patient/family on the patient experience.
- Relationship Based Care - Patients and Families: reflects the influence of the nurse’s relationship with self, colleagues and patient/family on the patient experience.
- Expert Caring: encompasses clinical assessment, planning, prioritizing, coordinating and implementation of care.
- Empowered Leaders: demonstrate knowledge of and actively participate in shared governance.
- Lifelong Learners: encompasses professional development through formal education, professional certification, internal and external learning opportunities and recognizes the value of external professional organizations. Supports onboarding of new team members and precepts as applicable.
- Quality Achievement: includes adherence to clinical documentation guidelines, comprehension of outcomes data, engagement in performance improvement activities and commitment to standard work.
- Innovation: is demonstrated by application of technologies that support patient care, actively seeking to implement evidence based practice and new knowledge generated by nursing research.
- In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing from accredited nursing program.
Experience: 3 years relevant experience
Licensure: Licensed to Practice as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia. American Heart Association (AHA) Health Care Provider BLS certification required.
Job requires standing for prolonged periods, frequently walking and bending/stooping. Proficient communicative, auditory and visual skills; Attention to detail and ability to write legibly; Ability to lift/push/pull 20 - 50lbs. May be exposed to chemicals, blood/body fluids and infectious disease.
Current Wound & Ostomy Certification or registration in an accredited program for wound and ostomy certification
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System and the University Physician’s Group are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.