Classroom Support Technician
Job location: Charlottesville, VA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-07-29
UVA Information Technology Services is seeking a Classroom Support Technician. The Classroom Support Technician installs, maintains, and supports technology-enhanced classrooms provided by the Provost Office at the University of Virginia. The incumbent provides audio, video, computer and other control hardware and software support; ensure that equipment remains functional and also provides training and operation assistance to faculty, staff and student users. This is a Non-Exempt level, benefitted position.
This position works 2nd shift (2:30 pm - 11 pm) and works rotating Sundays.
- May be required to assist the agency or state government generally in the event of an emergency declaration by the Governor
- Assist faculty, staff and users of classroom spaces with technology installed in UVa supported classrooms
- Install and troubleshoot commercial\enterprise audio and video systems
- Install and configure audio and video equipment in classrooms –including projector, computer imaging, and Crestron equipment.
- Must be able to interpret wiring diagrams and terminate audio video cables
- Able to update firmware on electronic devices and computers as needed
- Maintain and configure audio and video equipment using tools such as Crestron Toolbox and Fusion
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Teams, SharePoint)
- Able to climb 12” ladder and work from ceiling height
- Able to lift 50lbs and walk 2-4 miles in an 8-hour shift
- Performs other duties as assigned
Four years’ experience in A/V system support such that candidates can demonstrate proficiency in operating audio and video equipment, and have experience providing one on one technical training. Experience working independently and using sound judgment in decision-making. Demonstrated experience working within a framework of standards and guidelines. Bachelor's Degree may substitute for experience.
Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Instructional Technology, or a similar field. Experience using Crestron control systems and 1-2+ years of audio-video installation experience; as well as candidates who are InfoComm Certified Technology Specialists (CTS) are desirable.
Frequent walking or moving about on foot to accomplish tasks. Occasional working on scaffolding and high places, occasional working with electrical current. Heavy lifting (up to 50lbs).
Anticipated Hiring Range: Up to $40,000; salary will be commensurate with experience.
The University will perform background checks on all new hires prior to employment. This position will also require an Education Verification. (FSAKA)
Questions related to the application process may be directed to Lauren Jackson, IT Recruiter at [email protected]
Process for External Applicants: Please apply through Workday, and search for ‘ R0008842'. Complete an application online and attach a cover letter, CV/resume, and contact information for three references (name, email address, telephone number, and address).
Process for Internal UVA Applicants: Please apply through your Workday Home page, search “Find Jobs,” and search for 'Classroom Support Technician’ Complete an application online and attach a cover letter, CV/resume, and contact information for three references (name, email address, telephone number, and address).The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System and the University Physician’s Group are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.