S.A.I.L. Resource Center Manager/ Campus Center
S.A.I.L. Resource Center Manager/ Campus Center
About Westfield State University:
In 1839, Horace Mann founded Westfield State University as the first public higher education institution without barrier to race, gender or economic class. Westfield State University is committed to a policy of non-discrimination, equal opportunity, diversity and affirmative action. We are dedicated to providing educational, working and living environments that value the diverse backgrounds of all people including minorities, women, veterans, individuals with disabilities and other protected persons, or individuals with diverse cultural backgrounds.
Westfield State is the most residential of the state universities in Massachusetts, with over 60% of our 5600 full-time undergraduate students living on campus. The campus is ideally situated on the edge of the Berkshire Mountains in western Massachusetts just 30 minutes from the thriving cultural centers of Northampton and Amherst, and 1.5 hours from both Boston and Albany.
Campus Title: S.A.I.L. Resource Center Manager
State Job Title: N/A Contract
Department: Division Of Student Affairs
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Job Type: Part-Time
Timeframe: 14 Weeks with possibility for renewal
Regular Days Off: TBD/ Varies
Supervision Received: Assistant Director, Campus Center
Salary: $16.00 Per Hour
General Statement of Duties:
This is a 40-week, part time position. The contract for this position can be renewed pending successful evaluation. Compensation includes $16.00/hour pay rate for 20 hours per week August 19th - December 20th and January 20 - May 15th and $16/hour pay rate for 35 hours per week May 15th - June 26th. Responsibilities to Student Activities, Involvement, and Leadership are supervised by the Assistant Director, Campus Center. This position may require late night or weekend hours. This position is classified as an 0-3 Institutional, part-time employee.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties include but not limited to:
- Support the educational mission and goals of the Office of Student Activities, Involvement, and Leadership, the Division of Student Affairs, and the University.
- Develop a highly competent and committed student staff team through training, supervising, mentoring and evaluating staff members. Develop positive, professional and effective working relationships with all members of the professional staff team.
- Provide oversight of the Student Activities, Involvement, and Leadership Resource Center processes and procedures. Coordinate with other offices to provide services at the SAIL Center.
- Coordinate First Year Success Programs and Resources on behalf of New Student Orientation.
- Assist with Student Activity programs and events on an as needed basis.
- Assist in the Coordination of the New Student Orientation Program by serving as the Assistant Coordinator for the Champions Program. Recruit, hire, and train students serving as Orientation Leaders for the program.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Assistant Director or Designee.
A Bachelor's degree and relevant experience is required. Candidates should display strong interpersonal skills, the ability to interact with a diverse population and have past leadership experience in a college/university setting.
Westfield State University understands that persons with disabilities may need assistance with the job application process and/or with the interview process. For confidential assistance regarding disability accommodations, please contact the Office of Human Resources at (413) 572-8106.
Employment at Westfield State University is contingent upon a background check that is satisfactory to the University. Failure to provide written authorization for a background check will nullify the offer of employment.
An on-line application is required. Interested candidates should electronically attach the following documents:
- Cover letter
- Contact information for three references ( on application)
- Copy of unofficial transcript of highest degree
Deadline: The job posting will be open a minimum of ten days and, if needed, will remain open until finalists have been selected. .
NOTE: If you need assistance completing your application please contact our online Help Desk. The link to the help desk can be found at the top of the page via Contact Us.
Westfield State University provides equal access to employment opportunities for all applicants, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, age, disability or veteran status in compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and policies.
To apply, visit https://westfield.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=113706
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency