Student Activities Manager/ Campus Center
Student Activities Manager/ Campus Center
About Westfield State University:
In 1839, Horace Mann founded Westfield State University as the first public higher education institution without barrier to race, gender or economic class. Westfield State University is committed to a policy of non-discrimination, equal opportunity, diversity and affirmative action. We are dedicated to providing educational, working and living environments that value the diverse backgrounds of all people including minorities, women, veterans, individuals with disabilities and other protected persons, or individuals with diverse cultural backgrounds.
Westfield State is the most residential of the state universities in Massachusetts, with over 60% of our 5600 full-time undergraduate students living on campus. The campus is ideally situated on the edge of the Berkshire Mountains in western Massachusetts just 30 minutes from the thriving cultural centers of Northampton and Amherst, and 1.5 hours from both Boston and Albany.
Campus Title: Student Activities Manager/ Campus Center
Department: Division of Student Affairs
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Funding: N/A Contract
Job Type: Part-Time
Timeframe: 14 weeks with possible renewal
Shift: Normal schedule is Thursday - Saturday 6pm-11pm, with an additional five-hour shift determined at time of hire.
Regular Days Off: Sunday-Wednesday (may vary)
Supervision Received: Assistant Director, Campus Center
Salary: $16.00 Per Hour
General Statement of Duties:
Responsibilities to Student Activities, Involvement, and Leadership are supervised by the Assistant Director, Campus Center. This position requires late night and weekend hours. Normal schedule is Thursday - Saturday 6pm-11pm, with an additional five-hour shift determined at time of hire. This position is classified as an 0-3 Institutional, part-time employee.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties include but not limited to:
- Support the educational mission and goals of the Office of Student Activities, Involvement, and Leadership, the Division of Student Affairs, and the University.
- Develop a highly competent and committed student staff team through training, supervising, mentoring and evaluating staff members. Develop positive, professional and effective working relationships with all members of the professional staff team.
- Assist in the oversight of the Student Activities, Involvement, and Leadership Resource Center after hours.
- Assist in the coordination of the Westfield After Dark Programming Series, through managing the program budget, promoting events through flyers and social media, working events in the evening hours, and assessing programs. Supervise students working as event assistants for night programs.
- Assist in the coordination of the Emerging Leaders Program, through tracking participation, assessing programs, facilitating workshops, and logistical preparation.
- Assist in the coordination of the New Student Orientation Program by serving an assistant coordinator. Recruit, hire, and train students serving as Orientation Leaders for the program.
- Perform other duties as assigned the Assistant Director or Designee.
A Bachelor's degree and relevant experience is required. Candidates should display strong interpersonal skills, the ability to interact with a diverse population and have past leadership experience in a college/university setting.
Westfield State University understands that persons with disabilities may need assistance with the job application process and/or with the interview process. For confidential assistance regarding disability accommodations, please contact the Office of Human Resources at (413) 572-8106.
Employment at Westfield State University is contingent upon a background check that is satisfactory to the University. Failure to provide written authorization for a background check will nullify the offer of employment.
An on-line application is required. Interested candidates should electronically attach the following documents:
- Cover letter
- Contact information for three references (on application)
- Copy of unofficial transcript of highest degree
Deadline: The job posting will be open a minimum of ten days, and if needed, will remain open until finalists have been selected.
NOTE: If you need assistance completing your application please contact our online Help Desk. The link to the help desk can be found at the top of the page via Contact Us.
Westfield State University provides equal access to employment opportunities for all applicants, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, age, disability or veteran status in compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and policies.
To apply, visit https://westfield.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=113694
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency