Program Coordinator, WLP
Program Coordinator, WLP
Join our community and experience Emerson College!
Purpose of this Position:
Responsible for creating, coordinating and maintaining an extensive and diverse schedule of WLP graduate and undergraduate course offerings throughout the entire academic year for all full-time and part-time faculty (currently 100 excluding graduate student teachers.) Supervising departmental student workers including their scheduling and training; performing administrative work in support of the WLP graduate programs (MFA, MA, Online MFA), and being a point of contact to students, prospective students, and faculty on matters related to course management and enrollment, program requirements, policies and procedures, and other administrative matters will be the other main focus of this position.
Report To: Chair of the WLP Program
Direct Staff Reports: 0
Student Workers this position supports: 4
Essential Functions of the Role:
- Coordinate course scheduling consulting with Chair, Associate Chair, Dean, and Academic Affairs
- Supervise development and of WLP Alumni Database that tracks alumni contact information and professional accomplishments. Administer Alumni Database and outreach programs, supervise and develop contact events for alums and oversee newsletters and other alumni communications
- Maintain faculty records, prepare academic workload reports and ensure course descriptions reflect catalog descriptions including revising undergraduate and graduate catalog copy and WLP student handbooks.
Facilitate undergraduate and graduate registration for fall and spring by compiling and circulating course descriptions, reviewing course information on registration website, and granting special permission overrides in Banner.
- Attend faculty meetings and other departmental committees (UCC and GCC) meetings to provide scheduling and curriculum perspective;
- Record minutes at meetings and distribute, collect, and collate committee meeting minutes and agendas to faculty.
- Survey faculty regarding course preferences, time schedules and mediation needs, such as audio/video and computer equipment; Prioritize and coordinate selections with the Chair.
- Conduct various research assignments on behalf of the Chair, such as curriculum, external resources, and competitive programs
- Contact and hire affiliated faculty, as directed by Chair and Associate Chair
- Working with Undergraduate Coordinator, review Degree Audit information with Undergraduate Students and answering questions about BA/BFA/WLPdegree requirements
- Organizing department-sponsored events (AWP Conference, Faculty/Alumni Reading Series, BBF, etc.) and help with the promotional material
- Manage Student Employment, including the budget, hiring, job postings, and timesheet approvals for positions
- Track Curriculum History
- Track Student Enrollment information
- Assist with communications between Admissions (transmitting recommendations for admission and merit award recipients.)
- Assist with recommendations for Emerson Employment for students in the program
Work with Outcomes Assessment Committee Chair to ensure assessment of student learning data is collected and used for program improvement
- Share prospective student admissions responsibilities
Implement advising decisions to current students from GPDs and Undergrad Coordinator
- Monitor the course load of current students
- Organize the WLP side of Admissions/Grad Studies events: e.g., having student groups at orientation or alumni “guests” for admitted student events
- Demonstrated intercultural competence and a commitment to working with diverse populations.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work with various partners.
- Strong critical thinking skills, with the ability to solve problems
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask and successfully prioritize tasks.
- Strong knowledge of standard office computing software (Microsoft Office Suite and Gmail).
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Strong project planning and management skills. Ability to initiate both independent and collaborative projects and drive them forward to completion.
- Interest in or experience with creative programming, especially in writing and/or theater.
Work Environment and Demands of the position:
Physical Place and Existing Conditions
Usual Office Conditions
Intellectual and Mental Concentration for extended periods of time
Requires long periods of mental concentration
Requires constant coordination of Mental and Visual Attention
Requires ability to stand and/or sit for long periods of time:
Requires ability to lift and move objects that are
Under 10 lbs
Requires ability to move materials
Requires working in difficult physical positions and body contortions
Amount of time required to travel to do this job
Grade of Position: A15N
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 36.25
Hiring Range: $27.11 - $28.44
To apply, please visit: https://emerson.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Emerson_College_Staff/job/Boston-Campus/Program-Coordinator--WLP_JR000763
Emerson College is the nation’s only four-year institution dedicated exclusively to majors in communication and the arts in a liberal arts context. Its main campus is located in the center of the dynamic multicultural city of Boston, in close proximity to major publishing houses, arts institutions, and research centers. The college also has campuses in Los Angeles and the Netherlands. Emerson College enrolls over 4,300 graduate and undergraduate students from more than 70 countries and all 50 states.
Emerson College believes diversity enriches the educational experience by providing students with the opportunity to learn from individuals who may have different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Engagement with diversity in the curriculum, in our co-curricular offerings, and all other aspects of the College enhances the personal and intellectual growth of all members of our campus community. Emerson is committed to strengthening communities, including our workplace, by fostering the development of the intercultural competencies necessary for meaningful citizenship in an increasingly complex, pluralistic society. Emerson College does not discriminate on the basis of sex/gender in its educational programs or activities. Emerson has designated the Associate Vice President, Title IX, and Clery Coordinator to respond to inquiries regarding the College Sexual Misconduct Policy. The Title IX Coordinator may be reached at 8 Park Plaza, Transportation Bldg, Room 230 Boston, MA 02116; Telephone: 617-824-8999; email: [email protected]
Annual Clery Report
n accordance with the federal Clery and Campus SaVE Acts, Emerson College commits to providing all current and prospective students and employees with access to the annual campus security reports for each of our campuses. This report may be accessed from the Emerson College Police Department website.
Information on Emerson College staff grade range
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency