Assistant Athletic Trainer
Assists in the development and implementation of a program for the care and prevention of athletic injuries.Key Responsibilities:
- Assists in the administration of the Sports Medicine Program. Develops, trains, and supervises Work Study Training Room Assistants. Helps supervise use of all Athletic Training Room facilities.
- Assists in the collection and review of pre-participation physicals, medical questionnaires, and any other pertinent medical documents on all student-athletes.
- Maintain current medical paperwork on athletes they oversee.
- Assist in the selection of Team Orthopedic Physician and coordination of weekly orthopedic clinic. Responsible for working as a liaison between the Team Orthopedic Physician and the Athletic Program.
- Provides medical coverage for home varsity athletic contests and practices as assigned. Also provides medical coverage for away contests as assigned.
- Collaborates with coaching staff in developing Conditioning, Weight Training, and Nutrition Programs for athletes.
- Advises coaching staff of sports that they oversee as to daily medical status of injured players. Maintains ultimate responsibility, upon a physician's advice, in determining the athlete's ability to return to participation at any level.
- Assists in the promotion of health and physical well being of Athletic Program participants with regard to first aid treatment, injury prevention, evaluation, treatment, and rehabilitation.
- Collaborates on the development of the appropriate Medical Questionnaire and Pre-participation documents for all intercollegiate student-athletes. Examines to ensure all participants of intercollegiate athletics provide information they are covered by medical insurance.
- Provides assistance to Health Center personnel with any orthopedic injuries.
- Assists in the coordinating of transportation and/or referral to the appropriate medical facilities for both emergency and non-emergency care for all intercollegiate student-athletes.
- Assists Director of Sports Medicine in management of the Sports Medicine Budget and in coordination of weekly Orthopedic Clinics.
- Assist in the certification in CPR, AED, and First Aid of all Head Coaches.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as required.
- At least 1-3 years of experience.
- NATABOC Certified and maintain through Continuing Education Units.
- Emergency Cardiac Care Certification.
- Licensed as Athletic Trainer in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Hepatitis B vaccination and training in compliance with OSHA regulations; must maintain both throughout time in the position.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to communicate by telephone and by e-mail.
- Envisions and proposes new methods to perform tasks that support ET&A; takes thoughtful risks; and accepts new and ongoing initiatives, objectives, and solutions to gain sought-after results.
- Anticipates and embraces change; demonstrates willingness to achieve, acquire, and utilize new skills and challenging tasks; and is flexible in changing conditions.
- Travel is required; regular physical exertion and exposure to weather; and heavy lifting required (75 pounds and over).
- Must have had a valid unrestricted U.S. Driver's License for one year, and maintain throughout employment an insurable (as determined by the College's insurer's criteria) or a satisfactory driving record; must successfully complete and pass the College's vehicle training program within the first 60 days of employment; annual or more frequent review of employee's driving record based on the College insurer's criteria; and safety training as required by management.
Interested candidates should apply via our website https://babson.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/Staff
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here. Babson College is committed to enhancing diversity and inclusion across all levels of the College. Candidates who believe they can contribute to this value are strongly encouraged to apply.