Liaison to ZKNU
Job Title: Liaison to ZKNU
Location: GA Southwestern State Univ
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 216616
Job Summary This position is responsible for teaching specialized ESL courses and for serving as the liaison between GSW and Zhoukou Normal University. This position is located in Henan Province in China.
- Coordinates student programs. (30%)
- Provides information related to international student issues.
- Interacts with a variety of university officers to represent and aid international students.
- Advises international students on a variety of topics.
- Plans and implements activities for international students.
- Assists in monitoring international students’ academic progress.
- Performs a variety of related duties. (10%)
- Serves as liaison between GSW and Zhoukou Normal University.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Baccalaureate degree required.
- TESOL or TEFL certification required.
Please attach a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references.Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Knowledge of university policies and procedures.Knowledge of computers and job-related software programs.Knowledge of University System of Georgia policies and procedures.Knowledge of international student services best practices.Skill in decision making and problem solving.Skill in the development and delivery of instruction.Skill in oral and written communication.
Georgia Southwestern State University – a four-year institution – cultivates excellence in learning and teaching that encourages intellectual, personal, and social growth for students, faculty, staff, and the community. Georgia Southwestern State University is a comprehensive state university within the University System of Georgia that offers a full range of bachelor degree programs, along with selected master’s and specialist degree programs.
Georgia Southwestern is committed to serving the needs of its developing region with educational programs for high school, for professional and technical graduates; post-graduate professional training; research and business services; and cultural enrichment. Through its national and international affiliations, the University links Southwest Georgia with the global economy and actively fosters a greater understanding of international business and culture.Contact Information
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Resources by phone at 229-931-2000 or by email at [email protected].
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or [email protected].Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating eligibility for employment with Georgia Southwestern State University, as determined by Georgia Southwestern State University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check and drug screen.Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Southwestern State University is an equal opportunity employer. As such, the University takes affirmative action to preclude discrimination in recruiting, transferring, training and terminating of employees because of race, color, creed, age, sex, national origin, veterans status, disability or any other reason in accordance with applicable state and federal statutes, executive orders and other regulations which prohibit discriminatory employment practices.