Assistant Director of Campus Recreation and Wellness
Job Title: Assistant Director of Campus Recreation and Wellness
Location: GA Southwestern State Univ
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 216618
Job Summary This position is responsible for managing all intramural and recreational activities for the University.
- Supervises department staff and operations. (65%)Supervises the Intramural and Outdoor Recreation Coordinator and student staff.Recruits, hire, trains, and supervises Intramural supervisors, scorekeepers, game officials, and climbing wall staff.Manages intramural program budget.Provides leadership, management, and training of GSW’s Challenge/Ropes Course; coordinates inspections.Develops and publishes program policies, guidelines, and risk management of campus recreation activities.Adheres to and insures compliance with the protection and confidentiality of student records and information, as outlined in the Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act.Maintains responsibility for the management of equipment and supplies.Maintains compliance with all industry standards.
- Manages all campus and outdoor recreation activities. (20%)Plans and conducts individual, dual, team, club sport and special event activities. Organizes field trips.Provides facility management, program marketing, and program evaluation and assessment of all Intramural and Campus Recreation activities.Works with students and other departments on campus.
- Provides support for other university programs and activities. (10%)Attends university sponsored student programs as appropriate
- Performs related duties. (5%)
- Master’s degree in a course of study related to the occupational field required.
- More than four years of related experienced required.
Please attach a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references.Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Knowledge of sport rules, regulations, and guidelines.Knowledge of physical education and industry standards.Knowledge of Climbing Wall and challenge course standards.Knowledge of outdoor safety procedures.Knowledge of turf, field, and irrigation maintenance.Skill in program planning and implementation.Skill in accounting and budget management.Skill in interpersonal communications.Skill in oral and written communications.Skill in facility management.About Us
Georgia Southwestern State University – a four-year institution – cultivates excellence in learning and teaching that encourages intellectual, personal, and social growth for students, faculty, staff, and the community. Georgia Southwestern State University is a comprehensive state university within the University System of Georgia that offers a full range of bachelor degree programs, along with selected master’s and specialist degree programs.
Georgia Southwestern is committed to serving the needs of its developing region with educational programs for high school, for professional and technical graduates; post-graduate professional training; research and business services; and cultural enrichment. Through its national and international affiliations, the University links Southwest Georgia with the global economy and actively fosters a greater understanding of international business and culture.Contact Information
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Resources by phone at 229-931-2000 or by email at [email protected].
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or [email protected].Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating eligibility for employment with Georgia Southwestern State University, as determined by Georgia Southwestern State University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check and drug screen.Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Southwestern State University is an equal opportunity employer. As such, the University takes affirmative action to preclude discrimination in recruiting, transferring, training and terminating of employees because of race, color, creed, age, sex, national origin, veterans status, disability or any other reason in accordance with applicable state and federal statutes, executive orders and other regulations which prohibit discriminatory employment practices.