Program Administrator - University College - Tufts Pre-College Programs
DescriptionTufts University’s University College is dedicated to developing and offering interdisciplinary degrees and certificates as well as university-wide programming that serves learners of all ages and varied learning interests. Today, University College’s programs include Summer Session, Winter Term, year-round continuing education and courses for non-degree students, Tufts Pre-College Programs, short-term abroad, and Tufts Osher Lifelong Learning Institute. The department is expected to grow substantially in the future to include custom / professional education, Pre-k through 8 programs, English Language Learning, and interdisciplinary degrees and certificates. University College offers a fast-paced, nimble environment made of highly-trained professionals who love the higher education environment and are committed to providing world class education in the 21st century to a wide variety of students. University College is well-positioned to develop a distinctive presence in the greater Boston landscape as part of a diverse and accessible institution that makes learning and engagement with education of all kinds for all people a part of its core mission.
This role specifically serves University College’s Tufts Pre-College Programs department. Tufts Pre-College Programs’ mission is to extend Tufts-quality education to high school students to enrich their academic experience and Tufts’ academic community with new student learners early in their learning journey. Tufts Pre-College Programs has a series of 8 summer programs, 1 academic year program, and 1 year-round program that range from semester-long and 6-week college experiences to shorter intensives, with plans to grow the portfolio both in the summer and in the academic year.
Supports the Director of Tufts Pre-College Programs in every detail of program operations, including serving as program manager for specific programs and participating in onsite program management during the summer. Designs, manages, and implements best practice student nurturing (email and phone), social media, and other campaigns in order to successful drive student enrollment and satisfaction with the many Tufts Pre-College Programs. Establishes and analyzes trackable performance metrics for all elements of each program and makes recommendations for improvement. Produces a variety of documents, reports and proposals, initiates and responds to inquiries and provides detailed information to constituents. Organizes and maintains files and databases; designs and updates applications or other forms for data entry. The position engages with the rest of the department as a team player, ready to help where needed, problem solve, and work towards the greater good of the University as a whole. Must have the ability to manage and evaluate competing priorities and to execute the day-to-day. This position is for someone who gets things done, who has an all-hands-on-deck mentality, and who is comfortable having clear performance targets and being measured against them on a regular basis. NOTE: We are hiring for multiple Program Administrators at this time and one of the hires will have a focus on STEM programs with an emphasis on lab research programming. If you are interested in this position, please note this in your cover letter.
- High School diploma and 5+ years of related experience OR Bachelor’s Degree and 1-3 years’ experience in a professional work environment.
- Microsoft Office Suite, strong excel skills.
- Able to use email, social media platforms, survey analysis tools, and various digital tools and applications.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong communications and relationship management skills.
- Must be an extrovert, collaborative, and a team player.
- Knowledge of or experience in subject matter preferred.
- Customer service or marketing experience preferred.
- Prior analytical experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- We are hiring for multiple Program Administrators at this time and one of the hires will have a focus on STEM programs with an emphasis on lab research programming. For this position, interest in STEM and experience with lab research as a student or working professional is preferred.
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity.
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Medford/Somerville
Job: Academic Programs
Organization: Univ College Administration
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: Jul 26, 2019, 4:42:59 PM