Contract Negotiator, Senior - Procurement - (Relocate to Charlottesville, VA)
Job location: National
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-07-26
Advanced buyer position responsible for overseeing competitive cooperative sole source and emergency procurement processes in accordance with Medical Center policy requirements and timelines. Through these processes provides a primary focus on contract assessment development drafting negotiation and execution. Performs a broad range of technical duties in centralized contracting for major complex multi-year acquisitions across capital and operating budgets for the sourcing of supplies materials equipment and services as required by Medical Center business needs. Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Oversees competitive cooperative sole source and emergency procurement processes in accordance with Medical Center policy requirements and timelines.
- Provides a primary focus on contract assessment development drafting negotiation and execution in the administering of the Medical Center’s prescribed procurement processes.
- Analyzes price and non-price factors across vendor offerings in determining the cost savings cost avoidance service gains and other non-price factors that are in the Medical Center’s best business interest.
- Buys a large volume of varied and complex commodities in a centralized purchasing program.
- Works with vendors to ensure the procurement of high quality merchandise expedient delivery and dependable service at optimum price.
- Recommends changes in methods and procedures to improve systems of procurement and takes an active role in departmental program improvement initiatives.
- Develops and implements effective business practices and procedures.
In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field required.
Experience: 3 years or relevant experience required.
Licensure: None required.
This is primarily a sedentary job involving extensive use of desktop computers. The job does occasionally require walking some distance to attend meetings, and programs.The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System and the University Physician’s Group are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.