Job location: Stouffer Commons
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-07-26
University OverviewThe University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn’s distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.Posted Job TitleFinancial CoordinatorJob Profile TitleFinancial Administrative CoordinatorJob Description SummaryFinancial Administrative Coordinator
Under supervision of the Associate Director this position is responsible for supporting all assigned budget & finance functions for Residential & Hospitality Services. This position is part of a central team responsible for an annual operating budget of $90 million. The primary focus is accounting transaction and administration. This position requires strong accounting, reconciliation, & data reporting skills, as well as excellent verbal & written communication skills. Attention to detail, as well as the ability to use multiple systems, & follow accounting/administration processes is required. A solid understanding of financial best practice & policy is desirable. The incumbent must exercise resource stewardship to ensure compliance with related policies and procedures, and report all known or suspected irregularities to appropriate channels. This position will liaise with staff, students, customers, vendors & various business offices within the Business Services Division & the University.
- Monitor & support monthly reconciliation of revenue charges & operating expenses for multiple organizations in RHS. Provide transactional & reporting support using multiple systems (eg. BEN Fin, Business Objects, Delphi, Seattle) for business processes incl. Procurement, Travel & Expense Management (TEM), Sansom Guest (SPGA) billing. Provide guidance to RHS staff to ensure compliance with PCI, University & Departmental policies. Initiate purchasing transactions for review/approval, reconcile credit cards.
- Provide transactional accounting support across RHS for Conference Services, Housing & Dining. Support monthly reconciliation for Meal Plans to ensure all revenues are mapped correctly from student transactions/DINE system, incl. changes in meal plans, dining dollars additions, and all other tenders.
- Collaborate with RHS managers & Associate Director HR to process payroll transactions for regular & student staff (both academic year & summer conference seasonal workers). Initiate &/or approve Workday timekeeping, HR & payroll reallocation transactions, & maintain appropriate admin records. Undertake regular & ad hoc reporting to ensure accuracy, timeliness & compliance of payroll transaction
- Administer & coordinate employee access to Penn financial systems for RHS staff & contractors. Assist in tracking journal entries by compiling, sorting & reviewing source docs (eg. invoices, checks) to substantiate business transactions. Assist finance team with reconciliation of subsystems.
- Serve as the asset administrator for RHS (Center 95) including Dining equipment procurement. Record, monitor & report on all assets, maintain tracking system (additions, retirements, annual audit) in coordination with BSD central finance team. Maintain BSD business control model (BCM) by providing transactional support for RHS (incl. Dining) in preparing the monthly balance sheet.
- Administer & coordinate systems for RHS staff & contractors. Assist in tracking journal entries by compiling, sorting & reviewing source docs (eg. invoices, checks) to substantiate business transactions. Assist finance team with reconciliation of subsystems.
Associates degree required and 2 - 3 years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Bachelors degree in Finance, Accounting or related field desirable. Demonstrated experience providing accounting transactional, reconciliation & administrative support to a diverse group of clients required. Excellent verbal & written communication skills. Strong attention to detail; ability to obtain & interpret data from multiple systems; & the ability to follow established business processes is required. Expertise in using standard accounting & finance software applications for spreadsheets & reporting required. Experience with BEN Financials/Oracle financial applications, Workday, and Business Objects or similar preferred. Demonstrated ability to manage several tasks/projects simultaneously required. Excellent service orientation; must also be discrete and have the ability to handle confidential financial matters. Familiarity with accounting University financial policies, and procedures a strong advantage.
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.Special Requirements
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.