Sr.Applications Software Developer
Job location: Coral Gables, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-09-13
If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.Where Excellence Meets PurposeThe University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful purpose to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.The University has been named on Forbes's Best Employers list for two consecutive years, and is the only university in Florida to receive this honor.
The Information Technology Sr. Applications Software Developer will design, develop, and support administrative and self-service software applications, as well as build integrations between systems. This individual will be analyzing and developing solutions to address complex business requirements with a high level of reliability and execution speed.
Essential Position Functions
- Involved in all phases of the project's lifecycle: planning and prototyping, design, development, conversion, testing and deployment.
- Provides technical leadership to team members and management.
- Provides guidance and training to less experienced programming staff.
- Evaluates applicable industry best practices for possible adoption into our standards.
- Works with functional team to determine operational feasibility and functional design by evaluating problem definitions and requirements.
- Applies advanced applications programming concepts to design, develop, modify, debug and evaluate highly complex programs for a variety of functional areas.
- Adheres to project plans and change management procedures.
- Creates and executes unit test plans to ensure requirement specifications are met.
- Collaborates with the functional team in all aspects of development including end-to-end testing.
- Prepares technical documentation as well as process flow documents including diagrams, charts, etc.
- Adheres to institutional standard operating procedures.
- Keeps abreast of current industry technology trends.
- Keeps abreast of changes to product toolsets.
- Create and execute standard operating/work procedures.
- Seasoned professional who can work independently.
- Demonstrates a strong work ethic, is highly reliable and is willing to go the distance to get the job done.
- Has the ability to learn quickly on his/her own, is resourceful and is not intimidated by new technologies.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Highly developed problem solving skills.
- Broad experience with relational databases including knowledge of SQL.
- Self-motivated with a high commitment to excellence, collaboration and team achievement.
- Extensive experience and knowledge in systems analysis, development, testing and implementation of complex systems.
- Ability to work in a diverse, fast-paced environment.
- Effectively collaborate across technical and functional teams.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- A degree in Computer Science or Systems Engineering is preferred.
- 5+ years of related experience is required.
- An equivalent combination of education and work experience may substitute for a degree.
- The Career Ladder for the Sr. Applications Software Developer would be to move into the Software Architect or Manager, IT position.
Preferred Department Specifics
- Experience with ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) applications such as PeopleSoft.
- Experience in PeopleSoft – Fluid development using HTML 5, CSS 3, Java Script), Application Packages, Application Engine, SQR, Application Designer, PeopleCode, PUM, Security, and PeopleTools 8.56+.
- Working knowledge of PeopleSoft Campus Solutions is preferred.
- Competency in an iPaaS tool such as Dell Boomi, Informatica, MuleSoft, SnapLogic, or an integration tool such as Pervasive, Jitterbit, etc. is a plus.
- Working knowledge of an object oriented language such as Java, C#, etc. and proven experience developing web applications.
- Familiar with Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) or web services such as SOAP and REST and related tools such as SoapUI, Postman, Oxygen, etc.
- Experienced in developing integrations that generate flat files or call APIs/web services to interface to Cloud platforms as a Service (PaaS).
Preferred Position Requirements
- Master’s Degree in relevant field preferred.
- 8+ years of related experience is required.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Full timeEmployee Type:StaffPay Grade:i107