Administrative Services Analyst (Extended)
Posting DetailsPosition Information Job Posting TitleAdministrative Services Analyst (Extended)LocationLos Rios Community College District (American River College)Department LocationBusiness Services OfficePosting NumberC00983PThe Institution
Founded in 1955, American River College (ARC) is one of the largest institutions of higher education in the Sacramento region, serving about 30,000 diverse students each fall and spring at its main campus and centers.
The college has an outstanding record for academic quality and is among the top community colleges in the state for transferring students to the University of California and California State University systems. The College offers education and support for students to strengthen basic skills, earn associate degrees and certificates, transfer to other colleges and universities, and achieve career as well as other academic and personal goals. ARC also has a strong reputation for its wide array of career programs, in areas such as Healthcare, Hospitality, Human Services, Business & Computer Science, Public Safety, Applied Arts, Advanced Transportation and Manufacturing and Apprenticeship.
Our vision is to transform the future of all students and our community through inclusive, equitable education. The college seeks individuals who share our mission of placing students first by providing an academically rich, inclusive environment that inspires critical thinking, learning and achievement, and responsible participation in the community.
Our Commitment to Social Justice & Equity
American River College strives to uphold the dignity and humanity of every student and employee. We are committed to equity and social justice through equity-minded education, transformative leadership, and community engagement. We believe this commitment is essential to achieving our mission and enhancing our community. The college seeks candidates who are committed to culturally inclusive practices and serving ARC’s student population. Faculty and staff are encouraged to engage in ongoing development of their professional skills. The college thus supports employee engagement in a broad range of trainings, workshops and activities such as the Equity Action Institute, the New Faculty Academy, and the Classified Leadership Academy. In addition, faculty and staff regularly participate in trainings offered through the college’s Center for Teaching and Learning and its Instructional Technology Center.
Under the direction of an assigned administrator, plans, organizes and performs complex professional-level budget and accounting duties; performs complex and responsible analytical studies; prepares and presents management information reports. May develop and conduct training programs on college/District business services operating procedures for staff. Works with District fiscal services staff on processes and procedures which necessitate interface between college and District. May be designated as an authorized signer. [For a detailed job description for this Los Rios Classified Employees Association (White Collar) posting Job Descriptions click here].
This position is assigned to the Business Services department.
Los Rios Community College District offers competitive salaries and a very comprehensive employee benefits package to include medical insurance, CalPERS retirement, and opportunities for additional insurance and financial investments.
Full-time, twelve-month employees receive 17 days of annual paid holidays, 15 days’ vacation yearly (with increases after 5 & 10 years) and 8 hours of sick leave per month. Los Rios also offers extensive professional development opportunities with the district and financial support and/or paid time off to complete external academic studies. (See full LRCEA contract agreement details)Assignment Responsibilities
● Analyzes and interprets records of financial transactions by queries to a number of complex databases to determine accuracy and completeness of entries, and compiles additional detail in a useable format where necessary.
● Performs financial analysis of fiscal status, including general fund, categorical funds, trust, foundation, and proprietary accounts.
● Develops, maintains, and analyzes budgets, and prepares periodic reports comparing budgeted to and actual costs.
● Adapts accounting and record keeping functions to computerized accounting systems.
● Participates in the development and use of financial systems and management informational tools.
● Designs and implements special projects such as District-wide database applications and website development for accessing employee data.
● Develops business services technology improvements, specifications, spreadsheet, database, and word processing applications.
● Analyzes and implements changes to business services software supported by network systems/programs.
● Performs analytical studies and special projects as required.
● Assists in the improvement of college/District fiscal processes and procedures, management information systems and reports, and internal accounting controls.
● Establishes table of accounts, and assigns entries to proper accounts.
● Assists in the organization and workflow of administrative services.
● Assists in the preparation or modification of grant, special programs, and categorical fiscal activity.
● Provides accounting support to the college/District.
● Reviews and coordinates changes in proposed contracts for categorical programs.
● Monitors contract requirements, timeliness and allowable expenditures.
● Analyzes operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations incurred, to project future revenues and expenses.
● Prepares various financial and special project reports which may involve accounting, statistical analysis, contract administration, and other related matters.
● Prepares summaries and correspondence regarding financial matters and other business activities.
● Prepares and analyzes internal/external financial and related reports.
● Serves as a resource for and directs activities of workers performing accounting and bookkeeping tasks.
● Provides training for staff, managers, and deans, including training on: current computer software utilized by the campus and District; college/District fiscal processes and procedures; and accounting structures and codes.
● Attends, chairs, or arranges committee meetings, as assigned.
● Serves as a resource for and directs activities of workers performing accounting and bookkeeping tasks.
● Audits contracts, and prepares reports to substantiate transactions prior to settlement.
● Prepares balance sheet, profit and loss statement, amortization and depreciation schedules.
● Assists in the preparation or modification of policies, regulations, and procedures relating to college/District administrative services, fiscal activities, and communicates change to campus community through training and correspondence.
● Plans, organizes and coordinates business and administrative services activities with other operational units.
● Projects revenues and expenditures, including annual salary projections, and submits reports to management.
● Provides advice concerning internal audit issues.
● Identifies unmet needs related to campus activities, recommends or implements solutions.
● Prepares internal documents for advertising, hiring or changing classified personnel, which includes FTE analysis and worksheets.
● Facilitates communication between administrative services and the campus community. Reports finances of establishment to management, and advises management about resource utilization, and assumptions underlying budget forecasts.
● Participates in formulation of staff policies and special reports required by inside and outside entities.
● Develops, implements, modifies, and documents budgeting related transactions for the general, capital outlay, child development, cafeteria, and campus-based funds.
● Troubleshoots problems with real property and equipment as needed.
● Evaluates and purchases campus-wide equipment needs based on a predetermined schedule of replacement.
● Performs related duties as required.
8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday – FridayTotal Hrs per Week/Day40 hours per weekSpecial RequirementsMinimum Qualifications
EXPERIENCE: Four years of experience in finance and accounting or a related field including experience with computer data processing applications.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in business administration, accounting or related field.
Have an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles; and successfully foster and support an inclusive educational and employment environment.
(Experience Requirement: One year of experience is equal to 12 months of experience at a maximum of 40 hours per week. Applicable part-time experience will be converted to the full-time equivalent for purposes of meeting the experience requirement. Education Requirement: 15 units are equal to six months of education; 30 units are equal to one year of education.)Application Instructions
1. A completed Los Rios Community College District Classified Application (required).
2. Resume (recommended).
3. Unofficial transcripts of college/university work (required).
4. Two (2) letters of recommendation (recommended).
5. Letter of Interest (recommended).
● Applications submitted without all required documents, listed above, will be disqualified. Applicants indicating “see resume” on the online application will be disqualified.
● Graduate advising documents and grade reports will not be accepted as official transcripts.
● It is the responsibility of Los Rios Community College District employees to also provide official transcripts, if required in the minimum qualification for the position. (Within 60 days of the time of hire, employees are required to submit official transcripts, if required in the minimum qualification for the position)
● Individuals who have completed college or university course work at an institution in a country other than the United States must obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts, degrees and other relevant documents.
● A foreign transcript evaluation is required any time foreign course work is used to meet minimum qualifications and/or salary placement even if the foreign transcript has been accepted by a college or university in the United States.
● Foreign transcript evaluations are ONLY accepted from AICE (Association of International Credential Evaluations, Inc.) or NACES (The National Association of Credential Evaluation Services) agencies or evaluators. Foreign Degree Transcript Evaluations click here
Do not submit additional materials that are not requested.
After hours inquiries should be emailed to [email protected] Submission of applications are by 11:59 p.m., of the posting closing date.Physical DemandsSalary$5,316.80 per month LRCCD Salary SchedulesAdditional Salary InformationNo additional salary information to note Posting Detail Information Posting Date07/02/2019Closing Date08/15/2019Open ContinuouslyNoBeginning and/or Ending Dates
N/AHow and where to apply
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions for complete information on how to apply online with our District. Application services are available between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, at the Los Rios Community College District Human Resources Office located at 1919 Spanos Court, Sacramento, CA 95825-3981. If you need assistance with any phase of the application process, please call (916) 568-3112 or come in during our business hours. After hours inquiries should be emailed to [email protected] Submission of applications are by 11:59 p.m. of the posting closing date.Conditions
All Positions: Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful clearance from a criminal background check, freedom from tuberculosis, and proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States prior to the first day of work. The District may select additional qualified candidates should unexpected vacancies or needs occur during this recruitment/selection process. When education is a requirement for the position, official academic transcripts from the accredited college/university must be submitted within 60 days of hire.Quicklinkhttp://jobs.losrios.edu/postings/11847Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Criminal History Verification and Release: I acknowledge and agree that I understand that by answering the question below, I certify that the information provided by me is true, correct and complete to the best of my knowledge and belief. I authorize investigation of all statements contained herein, and on the P-881 (if applicable and submitted), and I release from liability all persons and organizations furnishing such information. I understand that any misstatements, omissions or misrepresentation of facts on this form, my application, and, if applicable, the P-881 or attachment(s) may be cause for disqualification or dismissal. If you have ever been convicted of an offense other than a minor traffic violation you are required to complete the form "Arrests Which Led to Convictions for Crime", P-881 (you must disclose convictions that have been dismissed pursuant to Penal Code Section 1203.4; Ed. Code 87008). If needed, copy and paste the provided link, for the form <a href="http://wserver.losrios.edu/hr/forms/P-881,10-2013.pdf" target="_blank">http://wserver.losrios.edu/hr/forms/P-881,10-2013.pdf</a> and attach the completed form to your application.
- Yes, I acknowledge and agree
- No, I do not acknowledge or agree
- * Can you perform the essential functions of this position?
- * Considering this specific position that you are applying to – where/how did you learn about this position?
- College Department
- Chronicle of Higher Ed (Vitea.com)
- Community College Registry Job Fair: Oakland
- Community College Registry Job Fair: Los Angeles
- Community College Registry Online Job Board
- Community Outreach (ex. Festivals, etc.)
- Diverse: Issues in Higher Education
- Facebook (Campaign)
- Facebook (Los Rios Page)
- Greater Sacramento Urban League
- Job Sites
- Job Journal
- Latina Leadership Network of the California Community Colleges
- Los Rios Community College District Employee
- Los Rios Community College District Human Resources Email
- Los Rios Community College District Website
- Professional Networks
- Sacramento Black Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Asian Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Builders Exchange
- Sacramento Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Rainbow Chamber of Commerce
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Interest
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- P-881 Report of Arrests Which Led To Convictions For Crime Document
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Unofficial Transcript 3
- Unofficial Transcript 4
- Unofficial Transcript 5
- Foreign Transcript Evaluation