Assistant/Associate Professor of Mathematics
Fort Valley State University invites applications for the position as a tenure-track Assistant/Associate Professor of Mathematics in the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science within the College of Arts and Sciences. The successful candidate for this position will have an earned doctorate degree from a regionally accredited university, and is expected to teach courses in mathematics, engage in scholarly activities, and offer services to the department, college, university, and broader community.
Duties and Responsibilities List the primary job duties and responsibilities
- Teach undergraduate and graduate level mathematics and related coursesExhibit a strong commitment to research and strengthening the programs in the departmentAdvise students and support student activities and events
- Demonstrate successful grantsmanship
- Review and plan curricula
- Serve on departmental, college and university level committees Participate in community service and outreach programs of the institution
Minimum: List the minimum qualifications required to successfully perform the job and are necessary to be considered for the position.
- Terminal Degree in Mathematics from a regionally accredited Excellent communication skillsExperience with learning management systems such as MyMathLab, WebAssign and/or Blackboard/D2L.
- Coursework or inclination in research and teaching differential equations, numerical analysis and/ or probability and At least 18 credit hours of graduate level course work in math related areas such as statistics, data science, actuarial science or math Two or more years of teaching experiencePublications in peer reviewed journalsTeaching and research philosophy
- Familiarity with curriculum development and course
Working conditions Diverse faculty in a supportive work environment. Physical Requirement
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Applicants are asked to submit a cover letter, resume/CV, copies of unofficial transcripts, and contact information for three professional references.
Fort Valley State Universityhttps://fvsu.applicantpro.com