Visiting Assistant Professor of Art
The Betty Foy Sanders Department of Art at Georgia Southern University has a visiting instructor or visiting assistant professor of Art position open for which we seek to make a hire for the 2019-2020 academic year. The home campus for this position will be the Statesboro campus, but assignments may require travel to the other campuses. Desired area of specialization: Animation. Desired area of competence: New Media.
At Georgia Southern, visiting instructors and visiting assistant professors normally teach fifteen credit hours per semester, hold regular office hours, and participate in departmental meetings and activities. Collegiality is essential. All visiting positions are non-tenure track, academic year (9/10 month) appointments. Appointments are for one year only, although there is the possibility of reappointment should funding permit and based upon satisfactory performance. The second year would be a terminal year, without exceptions.
• Earned MFA in Art, or appropriate master's degree with a minimum of 18 graduate credit hours in Art, by August 1, 2019
• Experience teaching 2D and 3D Animation
• Experience teaching Introduction to Animation
• Engagement with institutional student success initiatives
• Commitment to engaging with best practice initiatives in instruction and pedagogy and mentoring
• Must be authorized to work in the United States for the duration of employment without assistance from the institution
Screening of applications begins immediately and continues until the position is filled. The position starting date is August 1, 2019. A complete application consists of a letter addressing the qualifications cited above and a curriculum vitae.
Applications and nominations should be sent to:
Jeff P. Garland | Chair
Georgia Southern University
Electronic mail: [email protected]
Georgia is an open records state. Georgia Southern is an AA/EO institution. Individuals who need reasonable accommodations under the ADA to participate in the search process should contact the Vice Provost.
To Apply, visit:
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency