Director, Assessment Center
Posting DetailsPosition Information Position TitleDirector, Assessment CenterRequisition NumberSCA00349General Description
The Director, Assessment Center leads the strategic program direction, design and operation of the College’s Assessment Center. The Director ensures the quality and integrity of services for students in the testing environment while managing the operations of the Assessment Center and integrating testing activities with other departments throughout the College to provide students with a seamless placement process.Specific Responsibilities
• Lead the strategic program direction, design and operation of the College’s Assessment Center.
• Review, assess and evaluate Assessment Center programs and services; recommend and implement approved plans and policies to facilitate and improve Assessment Center outcomes, operations and programs.
• Create and implement strategies to enhance student assessment, placement and outcomes.
• Develop and implement solutions to provide continuous improvement for quality services.
• Manage and supervise testing events at the College.
• Manage the administration of testing programs, such as the ACCUPLACER test, Kaplan test, CLEP, and Credit by Exam, ESL test, and ACCUPLACER High School test.
• Compile and analyze standardized test results administered through the Assessment Center.
• Develop and generate statistical data and reports and ensure data-centric decision making concerning testing and placement of students.
• Collaborate with College faculty to collect feedback concerning the success of student placements.
• Develop and distribute Assessment Center reviews, reports and publications.
• Assist in the preparation of the annual budget and monitor and authorizes expenditures.
• Promote Assessment Center services to engage internal constituents.
• Provide oversight and supervision of Assessment Center staff.
• Oversight of remote testing off site and remote proctoring.
• Provide leadership in the application of technology, as it pertains to testing and assessment tools.
• Deliver quality customer services to both internal and external constituents in a professional helpful and courteous manner.
• Other duties as assigned.Minimum Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Minimum of three (3) years’ experience with standardized tests and testing programs or other closely related experience required.
• Previous experience managing a standardized testing program required.
• Strong background in data analysis and outcomes assessment required.
• Demonstrated experience in utilizing best practices of standardized testing required.
• Knowledge of Standards for Educational Testing and FERPA regulations pertaining to the dissemination of test results required.
• Exceptional computer skills required; experience utilizing enterprise-wide information and reporting system required.
• Ability to work well in a student-centered environment required.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, decision-making ability and organizational skills required.
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with internal and external constituents.
• Ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues to a satisfactory outcome required.
• Ability to work flexible hours required.
• Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds required.Preferred Qualifications
• Master’s degree preferred. Any and all degree(s) must be from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
• Banner and ARGOS reporting preferred.
• Knowledge of SPSS or other statistical programs preferred.Work LocationMain CampusBenefitsSpecial Instructions to Applicants
*Interested persons should complete an online application.
*Cover letter of interest and resume REQUIRED.
*Names and contact information of 3 professional references OPTIONAL.
Review of applications will commence on August 15, 2019 and will continue until the position is filled.
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in the U.S.
Community College of Philadelphia is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity and Equal Access Employer. The College encourages applications from individuals from traditionally underrepresented groups.Salary Grade or RankIVSalary RangeSalary commensurate with relevant work experienceJob Posting Open Date07/25/2019Job Posting Close DateType of PositionAdministratorJob CategoryEmployment Status Full-TimeSupplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about Community College of Philadelphia?
- The Chronicle
- Veterans Job Fair
- Professional & Tchnology Diversity Career Fair
- Al Dia - Diversity Career Fair
- Community College of Philadelphia Website
- * If your answer to the above question is Other, please note the source below. If this question does not apply to you, enter N/A.
(Open Ended Question)
- * What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- No Response
- High School/GED
- Associates Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- * Do you have a minimum of three (3) years' experience with standardized testing and testing programs or other closely related experience?
- * Do you have previous experience managing a standardized testing program?
- * Do you have a strong background in data analysis and outcomes assessment?
- * Do you have experience utilizing an enterprise-wide information and reporting system?
- * Do you have experience with Banner and ARGOS reporting?
- * Do you have knowledge of SPSS or other statistical programs?
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application