Ad-Interim Assistant Professor-Biological & Environmental Sciences
Job location: Commerce TAMUC
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-07-25
Job TitleAd-Interim Assistant Professor-Biological & Environmental SciencesAgencyTexas A&M University - CommerceDepartmentBiological & Environmental ScienceProposed Minimum SalaryCommensurateJob LocationCommerce, TexasJob TypeFacultyJob Description
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
During the application process you have one opportunity to upload documents as a combined PDF. The page “My Experience” has an area provided under Resume/CV to drop or upload the file.
This one combined PDF must include:
- Cover Letter
- Three professional references with complete contact information (Unsolicited letters of recommendation will not be considered).
- Transcripts – If required for the position (Unofficial will be accepted with application. Official transcripts are required at time of verbal offer).
If transcripts are from an international institution, it is the responsibility of the prospective faculty member to have the transcripts translated and evaluated by an approved credential evaluator.
All documents must be electronically submitted through the Texas A&M Online Employment Services website to be considered. Incomplete or improperly submitted applications may be excluded from consideration.
The Ad Interim Assistant Professor is a non-tenure track 9 month position. The position is responsible for teaching introductory and upper-level undergraduate classes, conducting original research in the area specified below, and providing service. The successful candidate will teach BSC 427 Pharmacology, BSC 492 Developmental Biology, and BSC 526 Developmental Biology in the Fall of 2019. In Spring 2019, the successful candidate will teach 525 Advanced Neuroscience.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and maintain funded research program
- Attract and mentor both graduate and undergraduate students
- Teach undergraduate and graduate courses
- Advising students
- Preparing syllabi
- Updating course materials
- Developing curriculum
- Delivery of instruction both online and on any of the university campuses. Instructional duties may include teaching during the day, in the evening, or on Saturday
- Working collaboratively with faculty and staff to implement departmental programs
- Providing service to the department, college, university and public schools, and community
- Continual learning to stay current with research, best practices in teaching, and technological applications in the classroom, including online teaching
- Education: Ph.D. degree in Molecular Biology, Cellular Biology or Developmental Biology
- Experience / Knowledge / Skills: Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with a team of professionals. Excellent written and oral communication skills. Commitment to high quality teaching. Dedication to high standards and student success.
- Licensing/Professional Certifications: None
- Physical Requirements: None
- Other Requirements: None
PREFERRED EDUCATION / SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE:
Prior teaching and student mentoring experience are preferred.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.