Director of Marketing
With a long tradition of excellence and innovation, the Daniels College of Business prepares students to succeed in a dynamic, changing world. We are a high-achieving global community of students and faculty that inspires one another to think in new ways, perform at higher levels, and transform organizations and communities. Daniels is ranked among the worlds top business schools and is the only business school in Colorado to receive high rankings and recognition from Businessweek, the Financial Times, U.S. News & World Report and Forbes.
The University of Denver is seeking an experienced, talented and ambitious Director of Marketing for a full-time position in the Office of Communications, Marketing and Graduate Admissions (OCMGA) at the Daniels College of Business. This is a terrific opportunity to join a dynamic team that is responsible for the brand development, internal and external communications, and graduate student enrollment for the College for a portfolio that currently includes seven Masters degree programs, three MBA programs, and an Executive Ph.D. program.
The Director of Marketing will spearhead the day-to-day operation of all marketing activities for OCMGA. A primary focus will be on continuing to drive graduate student enrollment, but this role also will help drive the ongoing evolution of the Daniels College of Business brand and how it ties into the University of Denver s brand.
- Creation and execution of OCMGA's digital advertising plan in concert with an outside vendor, and own the day-to-day relationship with the vendor to maximize ROI on OCMGA's investment.
- Devise and manage the group's marketing budget with the oversight of the Executive Director, with specific ideas for new kinds of non-digital/OOH campaigns that can supplement the online campaigns.
- Develop and execute, with the support of the Marketing Manager and the Senior Director of Admissions, the significant expansion of the group's current email drip campaigns for the entire admissions funnel.
- Develop and execute, with the support of the Social Media Marketing Manager, a social media strategy across multiple platforms that best supports the multiple overarching goals of the group.
- Develop and execute, with the Executive Director and Senior Director of Communications and Operations, a video strategy for all aspects of the group's marketing and communications efforts.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong experience in planning, implementing and measuring integrated marketing strategies
- Significant comfort with data and reporting, with an eye toward maximizing return on investment
- Demonstrated ability with Google Analytics and other web marketing tools
- Demonstrated ability to manage key internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Highly organized and uses time well
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship skills, working with diverse constituency and staff.
- Thorough analytical and communication skills, both written and verbal, working under time constraints.
- Proven knowledge of best practices for e-mail communications.
- Demonstrated Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook skills.
- Ability to learn new content management systems and marketing tools.
- Strong project management and decision-making skills.
- Commitment to a team approach combined with an ability to self-direct workload.
- Pro-active, energetic, enthusiastic, results-oriented, problem-solver.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing or related discipline.
- 7 years of marketing experience in higher education, non-profit, premium goods or a related field.
- Previous experience supervising a team.
- Experience with budget responsibility.
- Experience in a college marketing and admissions environment.
- Significant experience with Slate (higher education CRM).
- Experience managing external vendor partners.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. with evenings and weekends as required.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on Thursday, August 8, 2019.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary will be determined by the qualifications of the selected candidate balanced with departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
- Names and contact information of three references
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.