Integration Programmer Analyst
Integration Programmer Analyst
Jul 25, 2019
Amherst College invites applications for the Integration Programmer Analyst position. The Integration Programmer Analyst is a full time, year-round position, job group and level PT-4. Amherst College has profoundly transformed its student body in terms of socioeconomic status, ethnicity, and nationality, among other areas. Today, nearly one-quarter of Amherst’s students are Pell Grant recipients; 45 percent of our students identify as domestic students of color. Our expectation is that the successful candidate will excel at working in a community that is broadly diverse with regard to race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, and religion.
The Integration Programmer Analyst is responsible for the design, development, release and support of application and data integrations related to various services at Amherst College. These integrations include data extraction, transformation and loading (ETL), application interfaces, data warehouse/data mart population, ODS population, data synchronization, provisioning, migration, profiling and cleansing. The Integration Programmer Analyst may work on multiple projects as a developer or as a subject matter expert, participating in projects that require data and/or applications integrations. This position will also be responsible for operational support and maintenance of various integrations currently enabling College processes and systems.
This position reports to the Director of Enterprise Applications and works collaboratively in diverse project and service support teams that include programmer/analysts, web developers, and systems and network support staff. In addition, this position also coaches and mentors other technical staff.
Takes appropriate actions to support a diverse workforce and participates in the College’s efforts to create a respectful, inclusive, and welcoming work environment.
Summary of Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analysis and Planning - Develop and maintain an integration architecture blueprint for the organization, plan, execute, and manage the integration of new applications with existing systems and software, develop standards and processes to support and facilitate integration projects and initiatives
- Programming - Develop and maintain system integrations and components, document and diagram current and future state integration processes across business applications, develop application to application integrations, services, internal and external APIs, file transfers, and EDI and SQL queries, inventory and maintain an integration repository across segments in order to promote reusability, expand integration monitoring and alert capability
- Support - Provide oversight for integration enhancements and day-to-day support including rapidly troubleshooting and debugging system issues and recommending fixes, troubleshoot existing integrations and provide technical support to the Enterprise Applications team, collaborate with a diverse staff and contribute to an inclusive work culture
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field, or in lieu of a degree, 4 years of equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of development experience
- Familiarity with integration architecture and best practices
- Experience with API protocols and schemas such as SOAP and REST
- Experience programming APIs compliant to REST standards
- Competency with XML constructs and schemas
- Experience with object serialization via XML and JSON
- System integration experience using either SOA techniques and ASMX or WCF (or equivalent)
- Experience developing with SQL
- Knowledge of network protocols and standards
- Commitment to or experience working with a diverse community
- Certification in data management or data architecture preferred
Interested candidates are asked to submit a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information (email and/or telephone numbers) for three professional references. Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
ABOUT AMHERST COLLEGE
Amherst College, one of the premier liberal arts colleges in the nation, is located in Amherst, Massachusetts, a town of approximately 35,000 residents in the western part of the state. The college’s community is composed of about 1,800 students from 48 states, plus Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico and 54 countries around the world, and about 1,000 staff and faculty. The college’s scenic 1,000-acre campus includes a 500-acre wildlife sanctuary and the Book & Plow Farm; three museums: Emily Dickinson Museum, Beneski Museum of Natural History and Mead Art Museum; and multiple educational and cultural venues and resources through the Five College Consortium. The town of Amherst offers an amazing variety of coffee shops, restaurants and entertainment, and a very active outdoor life. Our vibrant campus, diverse community and beautiful surrounding, makes Amherst College and the Town of Amherst the perfect place to work, learn and live!