Assistant Coach - Men's Lacrosse
Assistant Coach - Men's LacrosseJob no: 502000
Position type: Staff Full Time
Benefit Status: Benefited-Non-Union
Campus: UMass Lowell
Department: Athletic Programs
Salary: Salary commensurate with experience
Applications Open: Jul 25 2019
General Summary of Position:
The Assistant Coach of Men’s Lacrosse assists with the organization and supervision of all aspects of the Men’s Lacrosse team within the parameters designated by the university, the America East Conference and the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).
Essential Job Duties:
1. Assist with all aspects of student-athlete development and performance of the men’s intercollegiate lacrosse program, to include:
• Organizing, recruitment/evaluation of student-athletes
• Conducting and supervising practices and player conditioning
• Conduct and supervise individual player development
• Scouting of future opponents
• Assist with the preparation and implementation of game strategies
• Providing appropriate leadership, direction and supervision relevant to the academic progress and personal development of student-athletes within the men’s lacrosse program
• Creating a positive and productive environment for the student-athletes.
2. Assist with oversight of administrative functions within the men’s intercollegiate lacrosse program:
• Participating in conference and NCAA meetings
• Adhering to all conference and NCAA rules/requirements relevant to the conduct of the intercollegiate lacrosse program
• Preparing information relevant to budgeting, equipment needs, and program concerns
3. Participate in promotional and public relations to advance athletic programs by:
• Providing assistance with departmental fund-raising.
• Representing the Department of Athletics at designated University, departmental and community functions.
• Serving in public relations capacities as needed.
• Encouraging staff and student-athletes to participate in community outreach activities.
Promote the University’s commitment to customer service by:
• Build effective partnerships with co-workers throughout the University by freely sharing appropriate information and providing assistance when needed.
• Ensuring optimum service to all internal and external partners in response to all requests for service and information.
• Maintaining an environment that is welcoming to persons of all backgrounds, nationalities, and roles.
Willingness to work evenings and weekends as necessary.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
Education: Bachelor’s degree
• 2-3 years successful experience in lacrosse coaching, recruiting and administration at the Division I, II or III level
• Demonstrated knowledge and application of NCAA rules and regulations
• Knowledge of techniques and strategies of the sport
• Commitment to high ethical standards and academics success
• Experience working effectively in diverse environments
• Strong organizational skills
- Proven ability to provide mentoring and leadership to student-athletes and a commitment to student-athlete welfare
- Effective communication, interpersonal and public relations skills
- A job offer for this position is contingent upon a satisfactory response to a Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) check and review
Special Instructions to Applicants:
A job offer for this position is contingent upon a satisfactory response to a Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) check and review.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required during the application process.