Event Coordinator - Georgetown University Law Center
Event Coordinator - Georgetown University Law Center
Located in a historic neighborhood in the nation's capital, Georgetown offers rigorous academic programs, a global perspective, exciting ways to take advantage of Washington, D.C., and a commitment to social justice. Our community is a tight knit group of remarkable individuals interested in intellectual inquiry and making a difference in the world.
The Event Coordinator plans and executes various mid- and high-level events in support of the Law Center's mission, and provides assistance to other staff members in the OSE for larger, more complex events happening both on campus and at locations off site. S/he supports an array of events including conferences, symposia, faculty retreats, orientation, reunion, and a wide variety of receptions, dinners, and special events. The person in this position works independently on numerous events and supports other team members as needed on a myriad of other large scale events. Under the supervision of the Director of Special Events, the Event Coordinator has additional duties that include but are not limited to:
- Plans events from start to finish, including invitation drafting and mailing, signage, seating charts, place cards, escort cards, name tents, and collateral material necessary to market events to the Law Center Community and outside guests.
- Oversees staffing events that the planner puts together as well as assists team members with other events as needed.
- Acts as the lead planner for all external groups who are approved to host events at the Law Center.
- Organizes and maintains event files including all event planning documentation.
- Assists the Special Events Assistant and Financial Affairs in providing proper documentation for preparation of purchase requisitions, payment to vendors for goods and services, and tracking of multiple departmental budgets.
- Provides proper documentation for invoicing other departments for invitation stock and supplies.
- Serves as a back up to answer the main phone line and filters calls to the department.
- Acts as a liaison to the public, VIPs, alumni, faculty, students, and staff.
- Handles other projects and events at the discretion of the Director of Special Events.
- Bachelor's Degree; Undergraduate degree in marketing, public relations, communications or a related field is preferred
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience working in the event planning field
- Possess analytical judgment, competent decision-making skills, and the ability to prioritize competing demands in an office that plans hundreds of events during the year
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail, and familiarity with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- A high degree of autonomy and initiative, along with the ability to work without close supervision
- Ability to interface with the public and maintain highly confidential information with professional discretion
- Familiarity with working in an academic or non-profit environment is a plus
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or [email protected].
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website.
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Georgetown University offers a wide variety of comprehensive and competitive benefits. Benefits packages include comprehensive health, dental and vision plans, disability and life insurance coverage, retirement savings programs, tuition assistance, voluntary insurance options (including group legal, accident, and critical illness), and much more. Whatever your need, the Office of Faculty and Staff Benefits will be standing by to support you. You can learn more about the benefits offered to eligible faculty and staff at https://benefits.georgetown.edu or view the online interactive benefits guide for more information.
To apply, visit https://georgetown.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Georgetown_Admin_Careers/job/Law-Center/Event-Coordinator---Georgetown-University-Law-Center_JR07184
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency