Technology Support Specialist
TECHNOLOGY SUPPORT SPECIALIST, 00026380
OPENING DATE: 07/25/2019
CLOSING DATE: 08/09/2019
STARTING DATE: 09/03/2019, or sooner
COMPENSATION: $46,000 + based on directly related experience. May be eligible for a salary increase after six months. Paid health insurance, life insurance, retirement, employee tuition waiver, spouse/dependent tuition discount. Click here for full employee benefits.
1. Responsible for supporting and administering Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager environment, which includes installing software, creating application deployments, packages and collections.
2. Responsible for assisting the Server Operations Manager with the configuration and administration of Microsoft servers, Active Directory, VMWare environment, and other applications as needed.
3. Responsible for server backups and print server environment.
4. Responsible for assisting with campus computing, hardware and software support.
Is directly accountable and responsible to the Chief Information Officer.
Technical Duties – 95%
1. Creates and modifies computer images for employees and student computer labs and prepares necessary documentation (i.e. configuring operating systems, installing and configuring software).
2. Installs, configures and provides support for campus software applications. Downloads and installs software updates and patches as necessary.
3. Assists with the installation of server hardware, diagnoses system problems and failures, and replacement of components. Installs and maintains software on select servers as required.
4. Schedules and maintains server backups, troubleshoots and diagnoses unsuccessful backups and tape library failures. Coordinates off site tape storage and restores data as requested.
5. Projects implementation and support for IT projects. Provides hardware and software support for Microsoft computers and Macintosh systems.
6. Provides and administers antivirus and antimalware endpoint security for Microsoft computers, Macintosh computers.
7. Participates in project implementation, documentation and steps to complete projects as assigned.
8. Conducts research and testing of new operating systems and software, maintains awareness of software upgrades, applies regular updates and patches as recommended by software vendors.
9. Maintains a high level of professional competence (i.e, investigates new software, technology trends and stays up to date with security and virus developments). Assists in the management of resources. Miscellaneous Duties – 5%
10. Supports innovation, creativity and ideas to improve/enhance processes, functions, etc. in the department and as a whole for the college.
11. Performs other duties as required or assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer information systems or related field and three years of full-time work experience in a Microsoft network; or an appropriate associate degree and seven years of related experience; or an appropriate associate degree and five years of experience in a Microsoft network.
• Demonstrated extensive knowledge/use of MS Operating Systems, MS Office Suites, email, calendars and troubleshooting Microsoft configuration issues.
• Demonstrated extensive knowledge of networking and data communication concepts, computer and server hardware, computer peripherals and LAN equipment and troubleshooting.
• Excellent communication skills and working with others, (oral, written, interpersonal). Ability to understand and carry out complex written and verbal instructions.
• Excellent customer service skills and the ability to relate to people of varying ages, backgrounds and technical abilities.
• Ability to work under pressure on a variety of projects simultaneously.
• Experience with any of the following: Intrusion Detection software, Microsoft servers, SAN, Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager, or VMWare.
APPLICATION INFORMATION & DEADLINE:
Completed applications must be fully submitted by 5:00 pm on August 7, 2019.
To apply, click the Apply button at the top of the page. To be considered by the search committee, applications must include: online application and upload a cover letter, resume, and copies of transcripts (undergraduate and graduate). Paper applications will not be accepted. (NOTE: Incomplete files will NOT be considered.)
For more information or assistance contact: Human Resources (701) 224-5531. This position requires a criminal history record check.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Human Resources*Meadowlark Building*PO Box 5587*1700 Schafer St.*Bismarck, ND 58506-5587 701-224-5531*800-366-6888 (TTY Relay ND)
Veterans claiming preference must submit all proof of eligibility by the closing date. Proof of eligibility includes a DD-214 and if claiming disabled status, a current letter of disability from the VA dated within the last 12 months.
BSC determines employment eligibility through the E-Verify system.
It is generally not BSC's policy to accept a candidate who lacks permanent authorization to work in the U.S.