IT Analyst Intermediate, Medical Device Security
Job location: Medical Center (Charlottesville, VA)
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-10-24
The University of Virginia Medical Center is hiring an IT Analyst Intermediate Security. The IT Analyst will be responsible for maintaining application accesses for Information Systems supported by Computing Services and maintaining data security tables and files for control access to production and test applications. At this level the incumbent has in-depth knowledge and is solving more complex problems with minimal guidance. The individual can work independently and may be a resource for lower level or newer team members.
- Maintains data security tables and files for control access to production and test applications.
- Access Request Forms are processed within 24 hours of receipt and customer is notified of access facilitated. VPN Request Forms are processed within 24 hours of receipt and customer is notified of access facilitated. Access information is recorded within 24 hours of facilitating user access.
- Reviews customer access to computerized applications.
- Access review lists for all application users are generated for supervisors to review and correct annually. Termination reports are reviewed weekly to remove application access for all terminated employees. Account inactivity is reviewed monthly to delete inactive accounts with >120 days since last password change.
- Provides customer support reconciling access issues both on the job and scheduled on-call.
- Application access issues for customer are resolved in 30 minutes 90% of the time. Application password issues for customer are resolved in 30 minutes 90% of the time. VPN access issues for customer are resolved in 30 minutes 90% of the time.
- In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required.
Experience: Three years of relevant experience required.
Licensure: None required
Job requires sitting for prolonged periods. Proficient communicative, auditory and visual skills; Attention to detail and ability to write legibly.The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System and the University Physician’s Group are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.