Assistant Professor - Civil Engineering Technology (Tenure Track)
Posting DetailsPosition Information Working TitleAssistant Professor - Civil Engineering Technology (Tenure Track)Job Summary
- Effectively teaches undergraduate Civil Engineering Technology courses from an approved curriculum with an assigned
- Must teach 12 credit hours per semester. (May be required to teach additional courses.)
- Works closely with students inside and outside of class meetings.
- Must be active in curriculum development that enhances the program.
- Must be proficient using technology
- Engages in course assessment to ensure that program outcomes are met.
- Develops plans that will result in externally-funded research/education programs with publishable results.
- Plans, organizes, teaches classes and incorporates strategies that foster student learning, success and retention.
- Maintains current instruction and discipline-specific knowledge through professional development, seminars and conferences.
- Advises students in matters related to academics, attendance and behavior.
- Collaborates with other faculty and industry professionals to ensure that the curriculum reflects current standards and needs.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering
- Doctorate degree in Civil
Engineering with a focus on structural engineering
- This position requires a strong commitment to excellence in teaching and providing outstanding classroom and laboratory instructions.
- U.S. Industrial experience
- Experience in Autodesk and Bentley software packages
- Experience in ETAC/ABET assessment requirements
- At least 2 years teaching experience from an accredited college/university
- Professional Engineer (PE) license within the U.S.
Savannah State University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative-Action Institution committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, genetics, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status. Georgia is an Open Records State.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation.
Your application is not considered complete until all required documents have been uploaded to the appropriate section.
Complete application online at; https://jobs.savannahstate.edu
Submit cover letter specify position title, current curriculum vitae or resume, official undergraduate and graduate transcripts and three references with current contact information.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled. To ensure consideration, apply by August 22, 2019.Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Inside Higher Ed
- Higher Ed Jobs
- Savannah State University Website
- Savannah State University Employee
- * Do you have a Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering?
- * Do you have a Doctorate degree in CivilEngineering with a focus on structural engineering?
- Curriculum Vitae
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Other Document