Graduate Academic Advisor
Posting DetailsPosition Information Position TitleGraduate Academic AdvisorWho we are:
National Louis is a 130+ year old university that has been grounded in the values of innovation, access, and excellence from its inception. As an institution we believe in providing access to educational opportunity and that education is our greatest lever for social and economic mobility. We are a student focused community that is committed to continuous improvement and asks how do we become more “student ready” so that we may better serve our students. We believe that through education we are able to empower change and build healthy communities. Our community works hard in the service of students and supports one another like a family.What we offer:
At National Louis University we offer our employees an innovative environment to work together and inspire the ideas that will make an impact. As our external environment changes, our employees are provided the opportunities and tools needed to grow both personally and professionally to remain successful. NLU employees and dependents are offered a wide range of benefits, including but not limited to, Health Insurance benefits, Retirement benefits, Paid Time Off and Educational Benefits.CampusOtherIf other, please specify
Chicago, Wheeling, and Lisle CampusesPosition StatusFull TimeIf part time, hours per weekWhat you will do:
The Graduate Academic Advisor advises students on academic programs, curriculum, college and university academic policies and procedures. The advisor works directly with graduate students in a variety of disciplines to foster their academic success. The advisor will be the student’s single point of contact on all matters from enrollment to graduation and their success will be measured primarily in terms of retention outcomes. The advisor will assist students individually and in groups via the phone, appointments, or off-site meetings.Outcomes:
• Provide single point of contact advising service to an assigned group of students from admission through graduation to retain students.
• Effectively communicate the curriculum and graduation requirements for program, college and university academic policies and procedures.
• Work closely with academic program faculty and participate in department meetings as needed.
• Maintain accurate and timely student records.
• Provide student with general information on the university that students need to be successful.
• Provide career guidance and assist students in connecting with Career Services.
1-2 years academic advising or counseling experience. Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s Degree preferred in related field. Knowledge of student and adult development theories and current trends in academic and student affairs. Word processing skills, database management, spreadsheets and web forms and Banner. Ability to work a flexible schedulePosting Detail Information Posting NumberSTA666Number of Vacancies3Open Until FilledSpecial Instructions SummarySupplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter
- Internal Posting Form (Internal Applicants Only)