ESL Adjunct Instructor
Posting DetailsPosition Information RankAdjunctTerm LengthPosition StatusPosition TitleESL Adjunct InstructorCampusOtherIf other, please specify
Chicago (Michigan Ave. and Goose Island Campus)Position Summary
We are currently seeking a qualified TESOL professional for an adjunct teaching position in NLU’s English language program, which prepares English language learners for undergraduate and graduate study at NLU.
• Designs and delivers active, student-centered lessons within the framework of a structured, outcomes-based EAP curriculum
• Provides students with learning strategies to develop skills such as notetaking, study strategies, time management, and critical thinking
• Assists in acclimating newly arrived international students to the expectations of American Higher Education
• Maintains online course sites, grading, and attendance records
• Provides student support in the form of conferences, regular office hours, tutorial assistance and career/academic assistance
• Attends regular faculty meetings
• Participates in departmental placement and calibration meetings
• Develops curriculum and assessment materials, as needed
• Provides leadership/mentoring to new instructors, as needed
• Pursues proactive approach to student success
• Communicates professionally with students and colleagues, develops healthy and professional partnerships with colleagues, and shares a passion for postsecondary success for diverse learners
• Identifies gaps between student needs and existing resources and services; works with team to generate creative and effective resolutions
• Master’s degree required in TESOL, linguistics or related field
• Classroom teaching experience of international students at the college level
• Experience teaching English for Academic Purposes (EAP) at the college level
• Ability to teach and to motivate students by means of engaging student-centered pedagogy
• Demonstrated passion for teaching and supporting English language learners
Please attach scanned or downloaded copies of official transcripts for all graduate and terminal degrees completed and for all relevant graduate coursework. Official documentation from the university(ies) via mail or e-transcript may be required if approved to teach any course(s).Quick Link for Internal Postingshttp://jobs.nl.edu/postings/5017Supplemental Questions (HR Only)
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you legally eligible for employment in USA?
- * Do you live in Pennsylvania or Ohio?
- * How many years of previous teaching experience do you have?
(Open Ended Question)
- * What is the highest level of education completed in discipline or sub-field in which you are applying to?
- Bachelors degree in discipline or sub-field
- 18 graduate semester credits in discipline or sub-field
- Master's degree or higher in discipline or sub-field
- Doctoral degree in discipline or sub-field
- * What is the highest level of education that you completed at an accredited institution of higher education?
- Associate's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- All-But-Dissertation (ABD) in a Doctoral Program
- Doctoral Degree (PhD, EdD, JD, DBA, etc.)
- Cover Letter
- Transcript A
- Curriculum Vitae
- Transcript B
- Transcript C
- Other (Licenses, Certifications, Etc.)